The Cigar Industry Report is a one-stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of the news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. In addition, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern Time.
Cigar Industry Report: Edition 379 (5/2/20)
Feature of the Week: Imperial Sells Off Premium Cigar Business
Imperial Brands PLC has announced it has agreed to the sale of its worldwide premium cigar business. The sale is being done in two distinct transactions to different investment groups. We got the details here.
News and Previews
- JR Cigars: Announced its newest exclusive offering, the Romeo y Julieta Pasión
- Lost & Found: The company annnounced its latest release, No Free Lunch
- VegaFina: We reported on the iVegaFina Fortaleza 2 Andullo Limited Edition
- U.S. Senate: S.9 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at 15.
- U.S. House of Representatives: H.R.1854 is the House Companion Bill to S.9. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains 85.
- Aladino Connecticut Queens Perfecto by JRE Tobacco Co.
- The American Toro by J.C. Newman Cigar Company
- CAO Orellana
- Joya Copper Toro by Joya de Nicaragua
Prime Time Show
Prime Time Special Edition
5/4 Prime Time Jukebox Episode 9 The Cheap Trick Show
5/7 Prime Time Episode 137: Nick Perdomo, Perdomo Cigars
On this date May 2
- May 2, 2011: We assessed the E.P. Carrillo Edicion Inaugural 2009.
- May 2, 2012: We reposted the press release on the Torano Master Maduro.
- May 2, 2012: We assessed the CAO Last Stick Standing (LSS): C.
- May 2, 2013: We assessed the Alec Bradley New York.
- May 2, 2014 We previewed the Alec Bradley Family Blend Lineage.
- May 2, 2014: We reported on Drew Estate’s plans to distribute Tsuge Pipes in U.S. and Canada
- May 2, 2014: We did an Assessment Update on the George Rico S.T.K. Miami American Puro Toro Grande by Gran Habano Cigars.
- May 2, 2015: We published Cigar Industry Report: Volume 4, Number 23 (5/2/15)
- May 2, 2015: We did an Accessory Review of the Screwpop Cigar Cutter
- May 2, 2016: We reported on Macanudo Inspirado coming to U.S. Market
- May 2, 2016: We reported on the Rocky Patel Edge A-10 Sixty
- May 2, 2016: We assessed the Nomad H-Town San Andres Lancero
- May 2, 2017: We assessed the Padrón 1926 Serie No. 90 Maduro
- May 2, 2017: We reported on the return of the Quesada Q d’etat
- May 2, 2018: We assessed the La Aurora Preferidos 1903 Edition Double Barrel Aged
- May 2, 2018: We reported on My Father Flor de Antillas Lancero 2018 TAA Exclusive
- May 2, 2019: We assessed the Black Label Trading Company Deliverance Porcelain (Corona Gorda – 2018)
- May 2, 2019: We reported on LH Maduro Grande Gordo