The Cigar Industry Report is a one-stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of the news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. In addition, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern Time.
Cigar Industry Report: Volume 7, Number 49 Edition 302 (11/3/18)
Feature of the Week: Kretek International Acquires Foundry
Kretek International, parent company of Ventura Cigar Company announced it has acquired Foundry Tobacco Company from General Cigar. This reunites the brand with Ventura Cigar Company General Manager Michael Giannini, who was involved with launching and developing the brand at General. We have the details here.
News and Previews
- Black Label Trading Company: Announced the release of Santa Muerte 2018.
- Crowned Heads: The Nashville company announced Lawless Day 2018.
- Davidoff: The Davidoff Year of the Pig has been announced as the 2019 Chinese Zodiac series installment. In addition, the company has partnered with Cigar Dojo for Dojo’s latest collaboration.
- West Por Dios: This new cigar company debuted at the 2018 La Zona Palooza event with three new lines.
- House of Representatives: H.R. 564 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remained at 149.
- U.S. Senate: S.294 is the Senate companion bill to H.R. 564. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at 22.
- House Bill 1136: H.R. 1136 is the legislation to change the Grandfather Date for Deeming Tobacco products subject to FDA Regulation from February 15, 2017, to 21 days after enactment of the regulations. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at 94.
Agile Cigar Reviews
This month’s installment is “End of the Year“.
Prime Time Show
On Episode 73, we broadcasted live from La Zona Palooza 2018 in Miami, Florida.
Prime Time Special Edition
No Show this Week
Episode 74 (11/8/18): The Media Panel Show
Episode 75 (11/15/18): TBD
No Show – 11/22/18 – Thanksgiving
Episode 76 (11/29/18) – James Brown, BLTC/Black Works Studio
Episode 77 (12/6/18) – The Cigar Aficionado Top 25 Pre-Game show
Prime Time Special Edition
Special Edition 42 (11/6/18): Enrique Seijas, Matilde Cigars
Special Edition 43 (11/20/18): Omar de Frias, Fratello Cigars
On this date November 3rd
- Nov 3rd, 2011: We posted a press release on Beach Cigar Group (Gurkha’s) Wicked Indie.
- Nov 3rd, 2012: We published an Assessment Update on the Solaris by Arturo Fuente
- Nov 3rd, 2012: We posted a press release on the release of Emilio Cigars’ La Musa line
- Nov 3rd, 2013: We assessed the D’Crossier Diplomacy Series Robusto
- Nov 3rd, 2014: We assessed the Illusione Fume D’Amour Clementes
- Nov 3rd, 2015: We assessed the Nat Sherman 85th Anniversary
- Nov 3rd, 2016: We reported on Mombacho Cigars SA naming Robert Rasmussen Brand Manager
- Nov 3rd, 2016: We reported on Quesada’s Holiday Keg 2016 release.
- Nov 3rd, 2016: We assessed the Regius Exclusivo U.S.A. Oscuro Especial Robusto
- Nov 3rd, 2016: We reported on Dan Carr being named President of ITG Brands
- Nov 3rd, 2016: We reported on the My Father The Judge heading to Stores
- Nov 3rd, 2017: We did an Agile Cigar Review on the Liga Privada Unico Serie UF-13 Dark by Drew Estate
- Nov 3rd, 2017: We published Prime Time Episode 28: Live from La Zona Palooza 2017