The Cigar Industry Report is a one-stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of the news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. In addition, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern Time.
Cigar Industry Report: Edition 357 (11/30/19)
Feature of the Week: Massachusetts Approves Flavored Tobacco Ban
The State of Massachusetts has passed a comprehensive ban on flavored tobacco, including premium cigars. Governor Charlie Baker signed a bill into law making Massachusetts the first state enact to such legislation. We’ve got the details here.
News and Previews
- Alec Bradley: The company will team up with Cigar Dojo to release the Uru Doshi under the Alec & Bradley banner.
- ACE Prime: The company announced it is teaming up with Baseball Superstar Adrian Gonzalez to release a new installment of the M.X.S. Signature Cigar carrying his name.
- Alex Spencer Reserve: Announced the release of The Mansa.
- U.S. Senate: S.9 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at 15.
- U.S. House of Representatives: H.R.1854 is the House Companion Bill to S.9. This week one new co-sponsor Rep Virginia Foxx [R-North Carolina] was added. The total number of sponsors now is at 83.
- Pennsylvania: Governor Tom Wolf has signed a bill into law making Pennsylvania the 19th state to raise the minimum age to purchase tobacco to 21.
- Alec & Bradley Blind Faith Toro
- Don Pepin Garcia Original TAA Exclusive Limited Edition 2019 by My Father Cigars
- Joya Silver Toro by Joya de Nicaragua
- Protocol Sir Robert Peel Maduro (Toro) by Cubariqueño Cigar Company
- Viaje Stuffed Turkey White Meat Edición Limitada 2017
Agile Cigar Reviews
- We published the story PTJ is Here!
Prime Time Show
- No show this week. Last week for Episode 118 we welcomed Benjamin Holt of Dissident Cigars as our special guest.
Prime Time Special Edition
- This week for Special Edition #63, we welcomed Emma Viktorsson of Las Cumbres Tabaco as our special guest.
Prime Time Jukebox
- The show made its debut on November 23rd with Episode 1: 2020 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Nominees
Episode 119 (12/5): The CA Top 25 Pre-Game Show
Prime Time Special Edition
Special Edition 64 (12/10/19): Jarrid Trudeau, Kristoff Cigars
On this date Nov 23rd
- Nov 30, 2011: We assessed the Lou Rodriguez Habano-Rosado.
- Nov 30, 2012: We assessed the E.P. Carrillo Edicion Limitada 2012.
- Nov 30, 2012: We assessed the Perdomo 20th Anniversary Sun Grown.
- Nov 30, 2012: We posted a press release announcing that Ezra Zion entered into a distribution agreement with Emilio Cigars.
- Nov 30, 2013: We published Cigar Industry Report: Volume 3, Number 1 (11/30/13)
- Nov 30, 2014: We assessed the Viva Republica Propaganda Five and a Half Truth
- Nov 30, 2015: We assessed the Sobremesa Cervantes Fino by Dunbarton Tobacco and Trust
- Nov 30, 2016: We reported on Ventura Cigar Company launching the PSyKo Seven Connecticut
- Nov 30, 2016: We reported on Gran Habano releasing the Los Tres Reyes Magos Culebra Release
- Nov 30, 2016: We reported on Ricky Somoza departing AJ Fernandez
- Nov 30, 2016: We did an Agile Cigar Review on the J. Grotto Silk Petit Corona by Ocean State Cigars
- Nov 30, 2017: We assessed the Davidoff – The Master Selection 2011
- Nov 30, 2018: We reported on Viaje WLP Thanksgiving Leftovers
- Nov 30, 2018: We reported on Bahama Mamas Cigars naming Roy MacLaren CEO and President
- Nov 30, 2018: We reported on the Viaje Exclusivo Nicaragua Leaded