The Cigar Industry Report is a one-stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of the news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. In addition, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern Time.
Cigar Industry Report: Edition 453 (10/2/21)
2nd Cigar Coop Airport Selfie Contest
Do you love taking pictures in an airport? Do you love taking selfies in an airport? Do you love showing the world that you are taking an airplane ride? Are you infatuated with that jet airplane sitting at the gate and want to capture it on camera? Well folks, we got the contest for you. We’ve got the details here.
- JR Cigar: Announced a limited run of the Rocky Patel ALR Second Edition Toro will be made available as a part of the JR 50th Anniversary collection.
- United Cigar: Announced the return of the Cigar Bar as an annual release. This year’s edition was done in conjunction with JRE Tobacco.
- CST Consulting/German Engineered Cigars: Announced a strategic partnership.
- Falto Cigars: We reported on the Falto Edición Especial ELH Hato Viejo and Falto El Surco Cosecheros releases.
- Foundation Cigar Company: The company announced The Tabernacle Havana Seed CT-142 David & Goliath line extensions.
- General Cigar Company: Announced the Punch Bento Box
- Habanos SA: The Partagás Legado Edición Limitada 2020 was launched in Spain.
- CAA: Javier Estades has once again been named Chairman of the Cigar Association of America.
- Cigar Smoking World Championship: We have a recap of the results.
- House of Representatives: HR 3982 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week Fred Keller [R-PA]igned on as a co-sponsors. The total number of sponsors is now at 37.
- U.S. Senate: S.438 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at nine.
- Liga Privada Unico Serie Bauhaus by Drew Estate
- Perla Del Mar Corojo Corona Gorda by J.C. Newman Cigar Company
- Quesada 1974 Robusto
- VegaFina Fortaleza 2 Capa 20
Agile Cigar Reviews
The Smoking Syndicate
Features and Blog
- None this week
- None published this week
Prime Time Podcasts
Prime Time Show
Prime Time Special Edition
Prime Time Jukebox
From the Archives….
10/4: Prime Time Jukebox Episode 51: Win Me Over
10/5: Prime Time Special Edition 108: Ferdinand Piet
10/7: Prime Time Jukebox Episode 204: Peter Gross, ATL Cigars
On This Date…
On this date October 2nd…
- Oct 2, 2010: We assessed the La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amor Magnifico
- Oct 2, 2012: We assessed the Rocky Patel Vintage 2003 Cameroon Special Edition Box-Pressed
- Oct 2, 2013: We reported on the Miró Special Edition Lancero
- Oct 2, 2013: We did a pre-review of the Casa Fernandez Aniversario Series Boheme No. 35
- Oct 2, 2014: We assessed the La Aroma de Cuba Noblesse by Ashton Cigars
- Oct 2, 2015: We did an Agile Cigar Review on the Avo XO Legato
- Oct 2, 2016: We published the Feature Story, A Look Back at the Michael Giannini Era At General Cigar
- Oct 2, 2016: We assessed the Yaxel Ortiz Y.O. Toro
- Oct 2, 2017: We assessed the E.P. Carrillo Original Rebel Rebellious 54
- Oct 2, 2018: We did an Agile Cigar Review on the FSG Robusto by Drew Estate
- Oct 2, 2019: We assessed the Crux Limitada Short Salomone (2019)
- Oct 2, 2020: We reported on the Emperors Cut Launches Jazz Series
- Oct 2, 2020: We published Summer of 20 Spotlight: LH Cigars