The Cigar Industry Report is a one-stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of the news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. In addition, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern Time.
Cigar Industry Report: Edition 458 (11/6/21)
J.C. Newman 2022 Project Announcements
This week J.C. Newman announced plans to revamp the El Baton line and confirmed its plans to revamp the Black Diamond and release the Angel Cuesta line. We’ve got the details here.
- Dunbarton Tobacco & Trust: Launched the StillWell Star
- General Cigar Company: Announced the Cohiba C8 Set
- My Father Cigars: Announced the Don Pepin Garcia Original Sparky
- Pospiech Cigars: Announced a collaboration with Room101 Cigars.
- Protocol Cigars: Announced the Protocol Jane Doe Series 3.0
- None this week
- House of Representatives: HR 3982 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week no new co-sponsors signed on. The total number of sponsors is now 50.
- U.S. Senate: S.438 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at nine.
Agile Cigar Reviews
The Smoking Syndicate
Features and Blog
- None this week
Prime Time Podcasts
Prime Time Show
Prime Time Special Edition
Prime Time Jukebox
11/8: Prime Time Jukebox Episode 55: Album Archaeology #8 – Pet Sounds, The Beach Boys
11/9: Prime Time Special Edition 110: The Baseball Show –
11/10:The Smoking Syndicate – Quesada Corner: Casa Magna
11/11: Prime Time Episode 209 Rafael Nodal, Tabacalera USA
On This Date…
On this date November 6th…
- Nov 6, 2010: We assessed the Macanudo Crü Royale
- Nov 6, 2010: We assessed the Toraño Family Single Region Serie Jalapa
- Nov 6, 2011: We did Assessment Updates on the San Lotano Oval, My Father El Hijo, Quesada Oktoberfest
- Nov 6, 2012: We assessed the Avo 25th Anniversary Edition
- Nov 6, 2013: We assessed the Reinado Grand Empire Reserve Petit Lancero
- Nov 6, 2014: We assessed the Nat Sherman Epoca Selection Prince
- Nov 6, 2015: We did an Agile Cigar Review on the Partagas 1845 Extra Fuerte Double Corona
- Nov 6, 2015: We reported on Davidoff Year of the Monkey Ashtrays
- Nov 6, 2015: We reported on the Caldwell The Last Tsar Churchill
- Nov 6, 2016: We assessed the Flor de D’Crossier Enormous 360 Oscuro
- Nov 6, 2017: We did an Agile Cigar Review on the Southern Draw Rose of Sharon Toro
- Nov 6, 2018: We reported on the Fratello D.M.V.
- Nov 6, 2018: We reported on the La Flor Dominicana Special Football Edition 2019
- Nov 6, 2019: We assessed the Esteban Carreras Unforgiven Toro Grande
- Nov 6, 2020: We reported on the Drew Estate NightShade
- Nov 6, 2020: We reported on the Powstanie Wojtek Toro