The Cigar Industry Report is a one stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop and Stogie Geeks. It is a combination of our news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. We will also recap what happened on our Stogie Geeks show. Finally, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern time.
Cigar Industry Report: Volume 4, Number 30 (Edition 127 6/20/15)
Feature of the Week: Camacho Ships American Barrel-Aged
It’s been two years since Camacho’s rebranding and it could be one of the most successful in the history of the cigar business. In a busy week of IPCPR news and a busy year for barrel-aging of tobacco, it seems Camacho struck gold with their new Camacho American Barrel-Aged. It is probably one of the most talked about releases in some time. It has now made it to stores, and we took a look at the cigar here.
News and Previews
- Debonaire: The company will officially launch Indian Motorcycle Ultra Premium Cigars at the 2015 IPCPR Trade Show.
- Ashton: The La Aroma de Cuba Noblesse is returning with a second size being added.
- Davidoff: The company announced record revenue and production, but has Cautiously Optimistic Outlook for Current Year
- Dunhill: The brand will debut the Honduran madeDunhill Heritage at the 2015 IPCPR Trade Show.
- Fratello Cigars: Mariela Matos has been named company brand manager.
- Imperial Tobacco Group: The company has acquired Cigar Inn in New York City.
- Maya Selva Cigars: Details around the Flor de Selva Toro Connecticut and Maduro were announced. The cigars will be launched at the 2015 IPCPR Trade Show.
- Nomad Cigar Company: Fred Rewey’s company will debut Therapy, a line of three cigar blends at the 2015 IPCPR Trade Show.
- Tatuaje Cigars: The Tatuaje Anarchy will be returning to Smoke Inn. Meanwhile the Nice Ash Cigars will receive the shop exclusive Tatuaje The “W”.
- Zander-Greg: The distribution company will receive a special version of the A.J. Fernandez New World.
- Hawaii: Governor David Ige signed SB1030 into law making Hawaii the first state to ban smoking under the age of 21.
- Senate Bill S. 441: The Senate Bill to gain an exemption from the FDA on premium cigars. No new co-sponsors signed on Senate Bill (S. 441) – the total sponsor count is at 17.
- House Bill HR 662: The House Bill to gain an exemption from the FDA on premium cigars. Four new co-sponsors were added -Rep. Dutch Ruppersberger [D-Maryland], Barry Loudermilk [R-Georgia], Ted Yoho [R-Florida], and Alexander Mooney [R-West Virginia] have signed on to HR 662. This brings the total number of sponsors to 123.
- House Bill 2058: Three new co-sponsors were added for H.R. 2058 (to change the effective date for cigars subject to FDA regulation from 2007 to 21 months following any proposed regulations are put into effect). These new co-sponsors include Morgan Griffin [R-Virginia], Chuck Fleischmann [R-Tennesse], and Scott Rigell [R-Virginia] bringing the total to 20 sponsors.
- Camacho American Barrel-Aged Toro
- Flor del Valle Sky Flower by Warped Cigars
- Nestor Miranda Collection One Life Edition Danno Maduro (2015)
- The Griffin’s Special Edition 2015 Club Series III
- Viaje Throw Down Fed Head
Agile Cigar Reviews
Stogie Geeks Episode 145
On Episode 145 we welcomed Scott Kolesaire, brand manager for Avo Cigars and our Debonaire Ideal Segment was on “Proper Ash Management”.
Our Stogies of the Week included:
Azan White Premium Robusto Extra by Duran Cigars
Alec Bradley Sanctum Robusto
Camacho American Barrel-Aged Toro
Credo Special T Cutter
Flor del Valle Sky Flower by Warped Cigars
Illusione Original Documents ~hl~
Juan Lopez Seleccion No 2
La Flor Dominicana TAA 47
LUj Cigars Demi-Luj Light Connecticut Petite Corona
LUj Morpheus Anniversary #4 Natural Box Pressed
My Father Le Bijou 1922 Mini Belicoso
Nestor Miranda Collection One Life Edition Danno Connecticut (2015)
Nestor Miranda Collection One Life Edition Danno Maduro (2015)
Paul Garmirian Symphony 20th Corona Extra
The Griffin’s Special Edition Club Series III
Stogie Geeks News
On this week’s installment of the Stogie Geeks News Show, we talk La Aroma de Cuba Noblesse 2015, Davidoff Escurio, and the sale of Cigar Inn.
On this date June 20th…
- June 20th 2011: We did a feature story on Jack McKeon.
- June 20th 2011: We assessed the Avo Lounge cigar.
- June 20th 2012: We previewed what were plans for the Emilio Carpe Noctem and Emilio AF3
- June 20th 2013: We previewed the East India Trading Company Prize Fighter
- June 20th 2012: We took a look at the re-launch of the Ortega Cubao.
- June 20th 2013: We reposted a press release on the new Cuban corona shape for Nat Cicco Rejects and the repackaged Jamaican Rounds Premium Cigar.
- June 20th 2013: We previewed the S.T.K. Miami Barracuda Maduro by Gran Habano
- June 20th 2014: We reported that the Small Business Administration said that the economic impact to the proposed FDA Regulations is underestimated.
- June 20th 2014: We reported on the release of the Tatuaje Pudgy Monsters.
- June 20th 2014: We reported that Mark Pursell was named new CEO of IPCPR.
- June 20th 2014: We reported on “The Glynn Loope Project” cigar.
- June 20th 2014: We reported on the return of the Regius Cigars Seleccion Orchant for 2014.
- June 20th 2014: We did an Assessment Update on the Tatuaje Baby Face (Part of the Little Monsters Series)