The Cigar Industry Report is a one stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop and Stogie Geeks. It is a combination of our news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. We will also recap what happened on our Stogie Geeks show. Finally, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern time.
Cigar Industry Report: Volume 5, Number 29 (Edition 178 6/11/16)
Feature of the Week: Boutique Blends to Launch Aging Room Solera
This past week, Boutique Blends announced it was launching the Aging Room Solera line. The cigar gets its name from a blending concept in the wine industry called Solera. In winemaking solar involves combining different vintages of wine. For this cigar, this involves aging tobaccos tobaccos from different vintages.
On Going Coverage
- Our FDA articles.
- Our FDA Regulations Primer series.
News and Previews
- De Los Reyes: The company has announced its Saga Short Tales series.
- Drew Estate: The company has released the Herrera Esteli Inktome as a shop exclusive to Small Batch Cigar.
- Black Label Trading Company: The company announced the Black Label Trading Company Morphine 2016 is now available.
- Cattle Baron Cigars: The company announced its Cattle Baron line is now available
- Cigar Oasis: The company has released its Magna 2.0 Humidification Device.
- Fratello Cigars: The company has announced its ten Retailers for the soft launch of Bianco IV and Bianco Boxer
- MoyaRuiz Cigars: The company received patent for its La Jugada Nunchuck
- Padilla: Rodrigo Cigars will receive a second and final batch of the Padilla Miami Lancero made at El Titan de Bronze.
- Quesada: Details of the Quesada Oktoberfest 2016 were announced. Meanwhile the Cigar Quesada Seleccion Espana A- is heading to Union Cigar Company in Monroe, NC as a part of Quesada’s “retailer a month” program for the Seleccion Espana.
- Senate Bill S. 441: S. 441 is the Senate Bill to gain an exemption from the FDA on premium cigars. This week, no new co-sponsors were added. The total sponsor count remains at 21.
- House Bill HR 662: H.R. 662 is House Bill to gain an exemption from the FDA on premium cigars. This week, one new co-sponsor, Brian Babin [R-Texas] was added. The total number of sponsors is now at 165
- House Bill 2058: H.R. 2058 is the House Bill to change the effective date for cigars subject to FDA regulation from 2007 to 21 months following any proposed regulations are put into effect. This week, five new co-sponsors were added: Jeff Duncan [R-South Carolina], Leonard Lance [R-New Jersey}, Doug Collins [R-Georgia], Dana Rohrabacher [R-California], and Glenn Thompson [R-Pennsylvania]. The total number of sponsors is now at 64.
- California: This week the State’s new minimum age to smoke (21) took effect.
- Davidoff Scorecard 2016
- H. Upmann Ingot TheBANKER Private Holding by Altadis USA
- Padron No. 89 Natural (Jose O. Padron 90th Birthday Cigar for Smoke Inn)
- Viaje Holiday Blend 2015
Agile Cigar Reviews
This week we welcomed Riste Ristevski of JSK Cigars as our special guest. We also caught back up with Tom Person of Commonwealth Cedar Spills who also joined us as a co-host this past week. Our Debonaire Ideal was on Summertime Cigars. We covered our Stogies of the Week which included:
Stogie Geeks News
On the June 11th edition we featured the Jack Torano’s return to Torano Cigars, line extensions to the Davidoff Escurio, the new Saga Short Tales line, and FDA Updates.
Stogie Geeks Shorts
This week we covered our Best Celebratory Cigars.
On this date June 11th…
- June 11th 2012: We assessed the Aging Room Havao Connecticut.
- June 11th 2012: We previewed the Emilio Cigars’ Los Regalos.
- June 11th 2013: We assessed the La Palina Collection Goldie Laguito No. 5.
- June 11th 2014: Joya de Nicaragua announced a renaming of a Joya Red Vitola to Canonazo.
- June 11th 2014: We assessed the Black Label Trading Company Morphine
- June 11th 2014: We reported on the Alec Bradley Premium Plus Sampler heading to Retailers
- June 11th 2014: We reported on the upcoming EIROA CBT Maduro release.
- June 11th 2015: We reported on the opening of the Davidoff Flagship Store in Basel Switzerland.
- June 11th 2015: We reported the appointment of David Sather Vice President of Sales of Foundation Cigar Company.
- June 11th 2015: We reported on the Avo Limited Edition 2002 – Avo 22 (American) (Part of Avo’s Greatest Hits Sampler).
- June 11th 2015: We reported on the Don Reynaldo Regalos becoming regular production for Warped Cigars.
- June 11th 2015: We published a feature story catching up with Nate McIntyre of Cubanacan Cigars at the Southern Cigar Festival.