The Cigar Industry Report is a one stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop and Stogie Geeks. It is a combination of our news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. We will also recap what happened on our Stogie Geeks show. Finally, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern time.
Cigar Industry Report: Volume 5, Number 52 (Edition 201 11/19/16)
On Thanksgiving 11/25, we complete the 2016 Year on Cigar Coop. Next week begins the 2017 Year on Cigar Coop. This means we are approaching the Box Worthy Thirty Cigar of the Year Countdown starting in December. Stay tuned for more details.
We also hit the 1,600 day mark for consecutive days publishing – longer than Presidential term. We thank our audience for their support.
Feature of the Week: Why Donald Trump’s victory is not a Silver Bullet in the Cigar Industry Battle with the FDA
Now that Donald Trump has been elected the 45th President of the United States, what does this mean for the battle against the FDA. In a special Editor’s Corner, we analyzed and discussed why this is not a silver bullet for the cigar industry.
- British American Tobacco: The company’s bid to acquire Reynolds American has been rejected.
- Colibri: The company has released its new redesigned Talon Lighter.
- Leccia Tobacco: We reported on Leccia Tobacco establishing distribution on its new online store.
- Nat Sherman: The company announced a move of its corporate headquarters to Englewood, NJ.
- PDR Cigars: Two new regional managers and an inside sales manager have been hired.
- Senate Bill S. 441: S. 441 is the Senate Bill to gain an exemption from the FDA on premium cigars. This week, no new co-sponsors were added. The total sponsor count remains at 21.
- House Bill HR 662: H.R. 662 is House Bill to gain an exemption from the FDA on premium cigars. This week, no new co-sponsors were added. The total sponsor count remain sat 169
- House Bill 2058: H.R. 2058 is the House Bill to change the effective date for cigars subject to FDA regulation from 2007 to 21 months following any proposed regulations are put into effect. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at 78.
- FDA: A proposed companion rule on automatic rejections related to submissions for FDA approval has been withdrawn.
- Aladino Elegante by JRE Tobacco Company
- Davidoff Royal Release Robusto
- Imperia Islero Pita by MLB Cigar Ventures
- L’Atelier Côte d’Or La Tâche
- Viaje Furiosa
Agile Cigar Reviews
This week was Episode 209 for Stogie Geeks. We welcomed back Fred Rewey of Nomad Cigar Company as our special guest. Tom Person of Commonwealth Cedar Spills was our special guest host. For our Debonaire Ideal, we talked did a segment called “Why Do Enthusiasts Like Boutiques“. We did a special Post Election Hot Topics segment. Finally we had our Stogies of the Week which included:
Stogie Geeks News
This week on Stogie Geeks News we featured Leccia Tobacco, Foundation Cigar Company, some people news, and an FDA Update.
Stogie Geeks Shorts
This week we covered the history of the E.P. Carrillo Edicion Limitada Series.
On this date November 19th…
- November 19th 2011: We previewed a blend change for the Elogio Serie LSV.
- November 19th 2011: We assessed the Lou Rodriguez Edicion Reserva Maduro.
- November 19th 2012: We re-posted a press release on the Nat Cicco HHB.
- November 19th 2012: We re-posted a press release on a price increase of JM Tobacco’s JM Dominican line.
- November 19th 2012: We re-posted a press release on the J. Grotto Lancero Limitado.
- November 19th 2012: We re-posted a press release on Rick Ardito being named Director of Marketing and Sales for 7-20-4.
- November 19th 2012: We assessed the 1502 Emerald.
- November 19th 2013: We assessed the Casa Fernandez Aganorsa Leaf Maduro Illustrate.
- November 19th 2013: We re-posted a press release on Smoke Inn Cigars’ Toy Drive for the Kids Cancer Foundation.
- November 19th 2014: We assessed the Davidoff Year of the Sheep Limited Edition 2015
- November 19th 2014: We reported on pricing for the Davidoff Oro Blanco.
- November 19th 2015: We reported on the Crowned Heads Four Kicks Black Belt Buckle as a new Shop Exclusive to Famous Cigar Shop
- November 19th 2015: We assessed the Indian Motorcycle Maduro Toro
- November 19th 2015: We reported on the Nomad H-Town San Andres Lancero.