The Cigar Industry Report is a one-stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of the news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. In addition, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern Time.
Cigar Industry Report: Edition 345 (9/7/19)
Feature of the Week: TPE Trade Show Announces Incentives for Manufacturers and Retailers
Last week, Tobacco Media Group (TMG) announced some more details around its plans for the 2020 Tobacco Plus Expo (TPE 2020). Included in the announcement were plans to offer incentives to exhibitors and retailers participating in the 2020 show. We’ve got the details here.
News and Previews
- Davidoff: The company announced a new Sales and Marketing Directors for the U.S. market.
- Dissident: The revamped Dissident portfolio has shipped to retailers.
- Maya Selva Cigars: Inter-Tabac 2019 product releases have been announced. This includes: Year of the Rat, Villa Zamorano Reserva Personita, and the Villa Zamorano Soberanos
- U.S. Senate: S.9 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at 15.
- U.S. House of Representatives: H.R.1854 is the House Companion Bill to S.9. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors is now at 79.
- Davidoff Winston Churchill Limited Edition 2019 Robusto
- Cohiba Connecticut Robusto
- La Sirena Aniversario Especial
Agile Cigar Reviews
This month’s editorial is our IPCPR Epilogue
Prime Time Show
- For Episode 107, we welcomed Luis Cuevas Jr of Casa Cuevas Cigars.
- For Episode 108, we welcomed Nick Perdomo of Perdomo Cigars.
Prime Time Special Edition
No Show this week
Episode 109 (9/12/19): TBA
Prime Time Special Edition
Special Edition 60 (9/10/19): Glynn Loope, Cigar Rights of America
On this date Sept 7..
- Sept 7, 2010: We published a short little article helping you to look up your Candidate’s Issues. This is helpful for cigar enthusiasts looking for their candidate’s position in regards to tobacco.
- Sept 7, 2012: We assessed the Cigar Review: Oliva Serie V Melanio. This cigar finished as our #24 Cigar for 2012.
- Sept 7, 2010: We published Cigar Week Wrap: Volume 2, Number 34 (9/7/13)
- Sept 7, 2013: We reported on the Drew Estate Undercrown Flying Pig heading to Cigar International Stores
- Sept 7, 2014: We assessed the J. Grotto Silk Lancero by Ocean State Cigars
- Sept 7, 2015: We assessed the Chinese Finger Trap by MoyaRuiz Cigars
- Sept 7, 2016: We reported on Don Tomas Nicaragua being launched for U.S. Market at 2016 IPCPR
- Sept 7, 2016: We reported on the La Galera 80th Anniversary Box Pressed Limited Edition being unveiled at 2016 IPCPR Trade Show
- Sept 7, 2016: We reported on Rocky Patel Dark Dominican being showcased at 2016 IPCPR Trade Show
- Sept 7, 2016: We published the feature story Spotlight on De Los Reyes Cigars at 2016 IPCPR Trade Show
- Sept 7, 2017: We published the feature story Spotlight on Altadis U.S.A. at the 2017 IPCPR Trade Show
- Sept 7, 2018: We published the Agile Cigar Review, Plasencia Cosecha 146 La Vega
- Sept 7, 2018: We published Prime Time Episode 65: Hand Rolled
- Sept 7, 2018: We reported on iVilliger North America turning West Coast Distribution Over to JMG International Inc.
- Sept 7, 2018: We reported on JSK Cigars announcings Distribution in Norway
- Sept 7, 2018: We reported on Marrero Cigar Company announcing a Cigar Factory Partnership