The Cigar Industry Report is a one-stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It combines the news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. In addition, each week, we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday at 8am Eastern Time.
Cigar Industry Report: Edition 554 (9/9/23)
Gurkha Discontinues Treinta and San Miguel
Two Gurkha lines from Aganosa: Treinta and San Miguel have been discontinued. We’ve got the details here.
Contest: Montecristo Prize Pack Giveaway
We are giving away a really cool Montecristo gift set. This includes:
- Montecristo Cap
- Montecristo Ashtray
- Montecristo Lighter
To enter – click here.
- Crowned Heads: Announced the Paniolo Especiale 2023
- Lampert Cigars: Announced the company has shipped its Lamper PCA Exclusive
- Les Fine Lames/Casdagli Cigars: Announced the Punch Bracelet – Villa Casdagli Eye
- Meerapfel: The Meerapfel Selection has been renamed to The Selection.
- Tatuaje: The Tatuaje Anarchy NFT Auctions have come a close
- CRA: Announced Tony Gomez has been named to the CRA Board of Directors
- Romeo y Julieta Envy Amulet by Altadis U.S.A.
- Tatuaje Cojonú 2021
- Flor de las Antillas 10th Anniversary Limited Edition 2022 by My Father Cigars
- La Flor Dominicana Solis (Toro Extra)
- Sancho Panza Double Maduro Robusto (2022)
Agile Cigar Reviews
- None This Week
The Smoking Syndicate
- None This Week
Features and Blog
- None this week
Prime Time Podcasts
Prime Time Show
Prime Time Special Edition
Prime Time Jukebox
9/25 Prime Time Jukebox Episode 109: TBD
9/26 Prime Time Special Edition 147: Glynn Loope/Joshua Harbursky
On This Date…
On this date, Sept 2:
- Sept 9, 2010: We assessed the Esteban Carreras 5150 Torpedo
- Sept 9, 2011: We previewed the Padron Family Reserve 85th Maduro.
- Sept 9, 2012: We did an Assessment Update on the Tatuaje Avion 11.
- Sept 9, 2013: We did a pre-release assessment of the L’Atelier Extension de la Racine ER13.
- Sept 9, 2014: We assessed the Joel Sherman 75th Celebration by Nat Sherman, a cigar that went on to become the 2014 Cigar of the Year on Cigar Coop.
- Sept 9, 2015: We assessed the Por Larrañaga TAA En Cedro by Altadis USA.
- Sept 9, 2016: We assessed the Tatuaje Skinny Hyde.
- Sept 9, 2016: We reported on the Flores y Rodriguez Connecticut Valley Reserve Azul launch by PDR Cigars at the 2016 IPCPR.
- Sept 9, 2016: We reported on the La Palina El Año 1896 Oscuro, a launch from the 2016 IPCPR.
- Sept 9, 2016: We reported on the Rocky Patel Edge Connecticut Howitzer, a launch from the 2016 IPCPR.
- Sept 9, 2016: We reported on the question of whether Cigar Donations to Charities and Troops would be allowed.
- Sept 9, 2016: We reported a feature story Spotlight on LH Premium Cigars.
- Sept 9, 2017: We published Cigar Industry Report: Volume 6, Number 42 (9/9/17)
- Sept 9, 2018: We reported on the La Palina Blue Label TAA Exclusive
- Sept 9, 2018: We assessed the OneOff Canonazo by Illusione Cigars
- Sept 9, 2019: We assessed the Aladino Maduro Corona by JRE Tobacco Co.
- Sept 9, 2019: We reported on the Black Works Studio Hawaii
- Sept 9, 2020: We reported on the VegaFina Nicaragua Puro Origen
- Sept 9, 2020: We reported on the ITSHub Hybrid Trade Show being cancelled for 2020
- Sept 9, 2020: We reported on the first Atabey Lounge opening in Texas
- Sept 9, 2021: We published Summer of ’21 Report: Casa Cuevas Cigars
- Sept 9, 2022: We reported on Maya Selva Cigars’ Flor de Selva Año Del Conejo 2023
- Sept 9, 2022: We published Summer of ’22 Report: General Cigar Company
- Sept 9, 2022: We reported Maya Selva Cigars’ Flor de Selva Colección Aniversario Nº20 Toro
- Sept 9, 2022: We reported on Forged Cigar Company’s FLVR brand
- Sept 9, 2022: We reported on the Plasencia Alma Fuerte Colorado Claro Eduardo I
- Sept 9, 2022: We reported on the El Septimo Zaya Nueva Reserva