The Cigar Industry Report is a one stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop and Stogie Geeks. It is a combination of our news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. We will also recap what happened on our Stogie Geeks show. Finally, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern time.
Cigar Industry Report: Volume 5, Number 45 (Edition 194 10/1/16)
Feature of the Week: Nic Wing Passes Away
Nic Wing, the popular editor of the UK Cigar Scene and a fixture of cigar media in the United Kingdom has passed away.
**THIS WEEK’S CIGAR INDUSTRY REPORT IS DEDICATED TO THE MEMORY OF NIC WING**
- 262 Cigars: Owner Clint Aaron will be the new principal owner of City Place Cigar in Lynchburg, Virginia
- A.J. Fernandez Cigars: The Last Call line is getting four new sizes in the Habano and Maduro blends.
- Arturo Fuente: The new Casa Cuba Divine Inspiration has arrived in stores.
- Marrero Cigars: The company’s seasonal limited edition, the Marrero Tesoro Mio Barberpole has become a regular production offering.
- Maya Selva Cigars: Gabriel Alvarez has resigned as Director of Sales.
- Senate Bill S. 441: S. 441 is the Senate Bill to gain an exemption from the FDA on premium cigars. This week, no new co-sponsors were added. The total sponsor count remains at 21.
- House Bill HR 662: H.R. 662 is House Bill to gain an exemption from the FDA on premium cigars. This week, two new co-sponsors were added. This includes Cresent Hardy [R-Nevada]. Lynn Jenkins [R-Kansas]. The total sponsor count is now at 169
- House Bill 2058: H.R. 2058 is the House Bill to change the effective date for cigars subject to FDA regulation from 2007 to 21 months following any proposed regulations are put into effect. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at 78.
- California: Governor Jerry Brown vetoed a proposal that would have extended a smoking ban to State Parks and Beaches. He also vetoed a bill to ban smoking on College campuses.
- MBombay Vintage Reserve Lancero 1973
- A.J. Fernandez Bellas Artes Short Churchill
- Crux Classic Robusto
- Jas Sum Kral Red Knight Lancero
- Quesada Reserva Privada Oscuro Toro
- Tatuaje Skinny Jason
This week was Episode 201 for Stogie Geeks. Our special guest was Carson Serino of Serino Cigar Company. For our Debonaire Ideal, we talked about Everyday Accessories for Cigar Smokers. Finally we had our Stogies of the Week:
La Gloria Cubana Serie R Black Maduro No.58 (Double Corona)
Macanudo Estate Reserve Mao Limited Edition Connecticut No. 10
MBombay Vintage Reserve Lancero 1973
Partagas Benji Menendez Master Series LX (2011)
A.J. Fernandez Bellas Artes Short Churchill
A.J. Fernandez Bellas Artes Robusto
Crux du Connoisseur No. 2
E.P. Carrillo INCH Colorado No. 62
EIROA First 20 Years 60 x 6
Gurkha Evil Churchill
Jas Sum Kral Red Knight Lancero
Stogie Geeks News
This week on Stogie Geeks News, we look at some people news, line extensions to the A.J. Fernandez Last call line, and the new Casa Cuba Divine Inspiration.
On this date October 1st…
- October 1st 2011: We recapped the Month in Review for September 2011
- October 1st 2012: The Unlucky 13 Retailers for the Tatuaje Mummy were announced.
- October 1st 2012: We published our Editor’s Corner “Best Practices“.
- October 1st 2013: We reported on plans for La Aurora “National 107 Day”
- October 1st 2013: We published our Editor’s Corner “Important Integration Changes“.
- October 1st 2014: The Unlucky 13 Retailers for Tatuaje Jekyll were Announced.
- October 1st 2014: We assessed the Tatuaje Face (Part of the Pudgy Monsters Series)
- October 1st 2014: We published our Editor’s Corner “On Rumors, Teasers, and Press Releases“.
- October 1st 2015: The Unlucky 13 Retailers for Tatuaje Hyde were Announced.
- October 1st 2015: We assessed the Padron 1926 Serie No. 47 Natural (TAA Exclusive)
- October 1st 2015: We published our Editor’s Corner “The Acquisitions: One Year Later“.