The Cigar Industry Report is a one stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop and Stogie Geeks. It is a combination of our news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. We will also recap what happened on our Stogie Geeks show. Finally, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern time.
Cigar Industry Report: Volume 5, Number 49 (Edition 198 10/29/16)
Feature of the Week: Jose Blanco Joins E.P. Carrillo
Industry icon Jose Blanco has left the day to day operations of the company he founded Las Cumbres Tabaco and has joined E.P. Carrillo full-time as its new Senior Vice President of Sales. Meanwhile Blanco’s wife Emma Viktorsson will take over the daily operations of Las Cumbres Tabaco and will base her operations from Skopje Macedonia. We got the details here.
- Ashton: We took at the San Cristobal Quintessence and La Aroma de Cuba Noblesse Viceroy – two releases unveiled at the 2016 IPCPR and have recently shipped to retailers.
- Black Label Trading Company: The company has announced a wider release of its Santa Muerte line.
- Senate Bill S. 441: S. 441 is the Senate Bill to gain an exemption from the FDA on premium cigars. This week, no new co-sponsors were added. The total sponsor count remains at 21.
- House Bill HR 662: H.R. 662 is House Bill to gain an exemption from the FDA on premium cigars. This week, no new co-sponsors were added. The total sponsor count remainsat 169
- House Bill 2058: H.R. 2058 is the House Bill to change the effective date for cigars subject to FDA regulation from 2007 to 21 months following any proposed regulations are put into effect. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at 78.
- Federal: Two Members of Congress have written a letter to President Obama expressing concern for the recent trade easements with Cuba.
- FDA: We reported on the U.S. Food and Drug Administration filing a response in court to the lawsuit filed by the Trade Associations as well as the one by Global Premium Cigars.
- Drew Estate Undercrown Shade Flying Pig
- Black Works Studio Killer Bee Green Hornet Robusto
- Espinosa Crema Toro Grande
- Nestor Miranda Collection Maduro Robusto
- Nicoya Robusto Fuerte
- Nomad Martial Law Toro
This week was Episode 206 for Stogie Geeks. We welcomed Juan Cancel and Bill Ives of Cubariqueno Cigar Company. For our Debonaire Ideal, we talked about Cigar Dogs. Finally we had our Stogies of the Week which included:
Stogie Geeks Shorts
This week’s topic was on The Newcomers
Stogie Geeks News
This week on Stogie Geeks News, we look at the Jose Blanco joining E.P. Carrillo, Dunbarton Tobacco and Trust’s new Muestra de Saka, the FDA’s decision confirming a ban on cigar companies making charitable donations, and Marco Rubio’s visit to J.C. Newman.
On this date October 29th…
- October 29th 2010: We took a look at La Palina.
- October 29th 2010: We looked at a proposed indoor smoking ban in Santa Clara, CA.
- October 29th 2011: We assessed the Tatuaje Wolfman.
- October 29th 2012: We assessed the Tatuaje Mummy.
- October 29th 2013: We assessed the Monte by Montecristo (Altadis USA).
- October 29th 2013: We reported on the Ortega Wild Bunch 2013 Warrior Joe Bushmaster.
- October 29th 2014: We reported on the release of the Emilio Mia Dora.
- October 29th 2014: We reported own Cigar Dojo’s Loyalty and Rewards Program.
- October 29th 2014: We assessed the La Palina Collection Goldie Laguito Especial.
- October 29th 2014: We reported on Warped Cigars’ Don Reynaldo.
- October 29th 2015: We did an Agile Cigar Review on the Arturo Fuente Casa Cuba Doble Cuatro.
- October 29th 2015: We reported on the Padilla ETB Limited Lancero becoming an exclusive for Rodrigo Cigars.