The Cigar Industry Report is a one-stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of the news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. In addition, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8 am Eastern Time.
WELCOME CURRENT SPONSOR ALPHA CIGAR COMPANY AS OUR NEW SPONSOR FOR THE CIGAR INDUSTRY REPORT!
Cigar Industry Report: Volume 6, Number 29 (Edition 230 6/10/17)
Feature of the Week: Rocky Patel Vintage 2006 San Andreas Introduced
At this year’s 2017 IPCPR Trade Show, Rocky Patel Premium Cigars will introduce the Rocky Patel Vintage 2006 San Andreas. This is the fifth installment in the company’s Vintage Series, and first new blend in six years. We have the details here.
Our 2017 IPCPR Digest is live. You can follow up on all of our reports leading up to the 2017 IPCPR Trade Show opening July 10th in Las Vegas.
- Alpha Cigar Company: The company will distribute the Fuego Lighter.
- Cornelius & Anthony: Steven Bailey’s company will launch a lonsdale line extension to its Cornelius line at this year’s IPCPR Trade Show.
- MLB Cigar Ventures: The company has entered into an agreement with Quesada Cigars to Handle its U.S. Distribution.
- Serino Cigar Company: The company will officially launch the Wayfarer at the 2017 IPCPR Trade Show
- AVO: The brand recently released its Puritos Line Extensions to AVO Syncro Nicaragua and Fogata Lines. It also officially announced the AVO Syncro Nicaragua Toro Tubos.
- Black Label Trading Company: The Morphine 2017 will be heading to retailers this month
- Camacho: The brand announced its third Master Built Series line, the Camacho Nicaraguan Barrel-Aged.
- Cubariqueño Cigar Company: The company is teaming up with Layne Coffee to launch the Protocol Coffee Line
- Davidoff: The company launched the Davidoff Master Selection Series, a series of personal blends done by Eladio Diaz.
- Illusione: The company launched a new website geared for consumers and retailers.
- Tabacalera USA: The new Casa de Montecristo in Austin, Texas.
- Viaje: The company announced a collaboration with EPC Cigar Company. The Viaje Roman Candle is returning for 2017.
- House of Representatives: H.R. 564 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week two new co-sponsors were added including: Steve Chabot [R-Ohio] and David Jones [R-Ohio]. The total number of sponsors is now 112.
- U.S. Senate: S.294 is the Senate companion bill to H.R. 564. This week no new co-sponsors signed on. The total number of sponsors remains at 15.
- House Bill 1136: H.R. 1136 is the legislation to change the Grandfather Date for Deeming Tobacco products subject to FDA Regulation from February 15, 2017 to 21 days after enactment of the regulations. This week a new co-sponsor was added – Lamar Smith[R-Texas]. The total sponsor count is now 72.
- Pennsylvania: A report says Assemblyman Matthew Baker’s proposed widespread indoor smoking ban will have some exceptions carved out – most notably private cigar clubs. Meanwhile, an initial committee vote was delayed.
- AVO Improvisation LE17
- EIROA The First 20 Years Colorado 50 x 5
- Island Lifestyle Aged Reserve Maduro Toro
- Muestra de Saka Exclusivo by Dunbarton Tobacco and Trust
- Montecristo Pilotico Pepe Mendez Toro
Prime Time Show
For Episode 9 , Riste Ristevski of JSK Cigars was our special guest. In our Debonaire Ideal segment, we talk Arnold Schwarzenegger Movies. Finally, in our Deliberation Segment, we debate several topics including a Steve Saka Question of the Week.
Prime Time Schedule
Upcoming Schedule (Subject to Change)
Special Edition #3 (6/13/17): Gabriel Alvarez, Casa Cuevas Cigars
Episode 10 (6/15/17): Bryan Mussard, Cattle Baron Cigars
Episode 11 (6/22/17): Claudio Sgroi, Mombacho Cigars
Episode 12 (6/29/17): Juan Cancel and Bill Ives, Cubariqueño Cigar Company
On this date June 10th…
- June 10th, 2011: We assessed the Diamond Crown Julius Caeser.
- June 10th, 2013: We previewed the La Sirena Dubloon.
- June 10th, 2013: We assessed the Zino Platinum Collector’s Edition 2013 – The Make of New York
- June 10th, 2014: We reported on AJ Fernandez Cigars naming Robbie Streitz as National Sales Manager
- June 10th, 2014: We did a pre-release assessment on the Recluse Amadeus.
- June 10th, 2014: We previewed the Samuel Adams Brewlywed Ale Seasoned Cigar by Ted’s Cigars (Cigar Preview)
- June 10th, 2015: We reported on the Fratello Bianco launching to eight retailers.
- June 10th, 2015: We reported on the Warped Corto.
- June 10th, 2015: We did a Feature Story “Catching up with Clint Aaron of 262 Cigars at the Southern Cigar Festival“.
- June 10th, 2015: We reported on Toxic by Legacy Brands.
- June 10th, 2015: We reported on the La Palina Family Series Miami.
- June 10th, 2016: We assessed the H. Upmann Ingot TheBANKER Private Holding by Altadis USA.