The Cigar Industry Report is a one-stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of the news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. In addition, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern Time.
Cigar Industry Report: Volume 7, Number 2 (Edition 255 12/2/17)
Feature of the Week: Terence Reilly Joins Casa Fernandez
After a month hiatus in the cigar industry, former Quesada Cigars General Manager Terence Reilly is back. He is the new Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing at Casa Fernandez. We got the details here.
News and Previews
- Altadis U.S.A.: Announced the Montecristo Epic Craft Cured, the company’s latest collaboration with Plasencia.
- Crux Cigar Company: The Crux Epicure is finally heading to retailers.
- E.P. Carrillo: Former Espinosa National Sales Manager Fernando Zacarias is E.P. Carrillo’s new Florida Territory Manager.
- Nomad Cigar Company: The company has released Fin de Los Mundos.
- Southern Draw: The company announced the first batch of its newly released QuickDraw Corona Gorda are initially heading to Famous Smoke Shop as an exclusive.
- All Out Kings Foreverlast
- Davidoff – The Master Selection 2011
- H. Upmann The Banker Ingot Rosé by Altadis U.S.A.
- Isabela StarDust
- La Gloria Cubana Colección Reserva Robusto
Agile Cigar Reviews
We month’s column is entitled “That Time of the Year”
- House of Representatives: H.R. 564 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week three sponsors: Clay Higgins [R-Louisiana], John Shimkus [R-Illinois], and Sean Duffy [R-Wisconsin] were added. The total number of sponsors is now 140.
- U.S. Senate: S.294 is the Senate companion bill to H.R. 564.This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains 18.
- House Bill 1136: H.R. 1136 is the legislation to change the Grandfather Date for Deeming Tobacco products subject to FDA Regulation from February 15, 2017, to 21 days after enactment of the regulations. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at 90.
Cigar Coop Coffee Collection
Prime Time Show
This week for Episode 32. We welcomed our Special Guest Carson Serino of Serino Cigar Company. While we talked plenty of cigars, for our Debonaire Ideal segment we talked about some Carson’s world travels. Finally in our Deliberation Segment we discussed Aaron’s follow-up editorial on “When a 90 is not a 90”.
Upcoming Schedule (Subject to Change)
Episode 34 (12/14/17): Ram Rodriguez, El Artista
Episode 35 (12/21/17): TBA
Episode 36 (12/28/17): Danny Vazquez, RoMa Craft Tobac
On this date December 2nd…
- December 2nd, 2010: We named the Gurkha Viper our #29 Cigar of the Year.
- December 2nd, 2011: We previewed the Emilio Draig-K.
- December 2nd, 2011: We named the Humo Jaguar by Miami Cigars our #29 Cigar of the Year.
- December 2nd, 2012: We assessed the My Father Commemorative 911 Limited Edition 2012 Habano Maduro
- December 2nd, 2012: We named the My Father Le Bijou 1922 Ecuadorian Connecticut Federal Cigar Edition our #29 Cigar of the Year.
- December 2nd, 2013: We assessed the Davidoff 2014 Year of the Horse.
- December 2nd, 2013: We named the Viaje Full Moon 2013 our #29 Cigar of the Year.
- December 2nd, 2014: We assessed the La Aurora Preferidos Diamond Corona Especiales.
- December 2nd, 2014: We named the E.P. Carrillo Medalla D’Platino our #29 Cigar of the Year.
- December 2nd, 2015: We assessed MBombay KeSara Vintage Reserve Nikka
- December 2nd, 2015: We reported Davidoff launching its third Cave de Paille Masterpiece Collection Humidor.
- December 2nd, 2015: We named the Camacho American Barrel Aged Top our #29 Cigar of the Year.
- December 2nd, 2016: We reported on the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development banning smoking in All Public Housing Units
- December 2nd, 2016: We assessed the CAO Consigliere Associate.