The Cigar Industry Report is a one-stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of the news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. In addition, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern Time.
Cigar Industry Report: Edition 407 (11/14/20)
Glynn Loope is Back
Ten days after Glynn Loope has officially stepped down as Executive Director of Cigar Rights of America, word has come that Glynn Loope will now be an Advisor for the Premium Cigar Association. We got the details here.
- AJ Fernandez Cigars: The New World Redondo will now be a regular production release offered to all retailers.
- 7-20-4 Cigars: The company has teamed with ONE13 cigars on a collaboration.
- El Artista Cigars: The company announced Artista Studio Works
- Epic Cigars: The EPIC TEN is heading to retailers.
- Plasencia Cigars: The company announced the Plasencia Year of the Ox as a non U.S. release
- Southern Draw: The company announced the Firethorn Augusta
- Cigar Association of America: Javier Estades has stepped down as Chairman. John Miller has been named successor
- U.S. Senate: S.9 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at 15.
- U.S. House of Representatives: H.R.1854 is the House Companion Bill to S.9. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains 85.
Agile Cigar Review
Features and Blog
- The Blog: KMA Talk Radio Episode 397 – Juan Lopez, Gurkha Cigars
- The Blog: Will Cooper Guests on #ElOsoFumarTakes
- The Blog: Will Cooper Guests on the Pylons & Sticks Podcast
Prime Time Podcasts
Prime Time Show
Prime Time Special Edition
Prime Time Jukebox
11/16: Prime Time Jukebox Episode 23: The Led Zeppelin Victory Lap
11/18 Prime Time Episode 165: TBA
11/30: Prime Time Jukebox Episode 24: Prime Time Jukebox One Year Anniversary
On This Date…
On this date November 14…
- Nov 14, 2010: We assessed the La Gloria Cubana Serie N
- Nov 14, 2010: We reported on Tim Ozgener’s Departure from CAO Cigars Clarified
- Nov 14, 2012: We did an Assessment Update on the E.P. Carrillo Inch Maduro
- Nov 14, 2013: We reported on the Ditka 99 release.
- Nov 14, 2013: We assessed the Viaje Full Moon 2013
- Nov 14, 2014: We did a Feature Story recapping the Tatuaje Pudgy Monsters series.
- Nov 14, 2014: We broadcasted our 8 Hour Stogie Geeks 3 Year Anniversary show.
- Nov 14, 2015: We reported on Dan Carr out as General Cigar Company President
- Nov 14, 2015: We published Cigar Industry Report: Volume 4, Number 51 (11/14/15)
- Nov 14, 2016: We assessed the L’Atelier Côte d’Or La Tâche
- Nov 14, 2016: We reported on the Colibri Talon Lighter
- Nov 14, 2017: We assessed the Saga Short Tales Tomo V: L.A.V. (Laudamus Abundancia Veteres) by De Los Reyes Cigars
- Nov 14, 2017: We reported on the release of the 1502 XO Salomon
- Nov 14, 2017: We reported on the release of the Plasencia Cosecha 146 Released into the U.S. Market
- Nov 14, 2018: We assessed the Joya de Nicaragua Cinco Décadas El General
- Nov 14, 2018: We reported on Swinger Cigar Company closing its doors
- Nov 14, 2018: We reported on the return of the Gran Habano Los Tres Reyes Magos
- Nov 14, 2019: We did an Agile Cigar Review on the Joya de Nicaragua Cinco Décadas Diadema
- Nov 14, 2019: We published Prime Time Episode 115: Jonathan Carney, La Flor Dominicana
- Nov 14, 2019: We reported on Casa Cuevas and Gabriel Alvarez parting ways