The Cigar Industry Report is a one-stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of the news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. In addition, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern Time.
Cigar Industry Report: Volume 7, Number 47 Edition 300 (10/20/18)
TODAY IS THE 300th INSTALLMENT OF THE CIGAR INDUSTRY REPORT!
Feature of the Week: Davidoff Announces Limited Edition Gran Torpedo sizes to Discovery Series
The Davidoff Discovery Series (a.k.a Black Label) is adding a 4 x 56 Gran Torpedo limited edition line extension to its Davidoff Nicaragua, Davidoff Escurio, and Davidoff Yamasá lines. We’ve got the details here.
News and Previews
- Drew Estate: The company announced it is shipping a new batch of the FSG Limited Edition Trunk Press Toro
- Davidoff: The company is adding the Davidoff Yamasá Robusto Tubo offering. The company also is re-releasing the Davidoff Puro Dominicano 2009 as its next Vault Series release
- GTO Dominican Cigars: Announced the Corona Del Cibao for its 10th Anniversary
- Oscar Valladares Tobacco & Company: The company released the 2012 by Oscar Reserva Original.
- Royal Agio Cigars: The company is shipping its Balmoral Serie Signatures Dueto
- Ventura Cigar Company: The company has shipped its Archetype Mini-Series.
- House of Representatives: H.R. 564 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remained at 149.
- U.S. Senate: S.294 is the Senate companion bill to H.R. 564. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at 22.
- House Bill 1136: H.R. 1136 is the legislation to change the Grandfather Date for Deeming Tobacco products subject to FDA Regulation from February 15, 2017, to 21 days after enactment of the regulations. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at 94.
- FDA: The regulatory agency updated its Unified Regulatory Agenda in regards to premium cigars and flavored tobacco.
- Davidoff Selección 702 Limited Edition (2018 Release)
- Highclere Castle Toro
- Nomad Fin de Los Mundos Robusto
- Protocol Themis Lancero by Cubariqueño Cigar Company
- Recluse Amadeus Los Cabos Toro
Agile Cigar Reviews
Prime Time Show
On Episode 71, we welcomed the one and only José Blanco of E.P. Carrillo.
Prime Time Special Edition
No Show This Week
Episode 73 (10/25/18): Alec and Bradley Rubin, Alec Bradley Cigars
Episode 74 (11/1/18): Live from La Zona Palooza 2018
Prime Time Special Edition
Special Edition 42 (11/6/18): Enrique Seijas, Matilde Cigars
On this date October 20th
- October 20, 2012: We assessed the Ortega Serie “D” Natural
- October 20, 2013: We assessed the Robusto by Valentia
- October 20, 2014: We reported on Swisher International’s plans to acquire Drew Estate.
- October 20, 2014: We published the feature story “A Closer Look at Swisher International“
- October 20, 2014: We assessed the Espada by Montecristo Guard
- October 20, 2014: We assessed the Eastern Standard Cream Crush by Caldwell Cigar Company
- October 20, 2015: We reported on the expansion of the Fratello Boxer line.
- October 20, 2015: We reported on the FDA’s proposed regulations heading over to the OMB.
- October 20, 2015: We assessed the Illusione Singularé EL 2014 Anunnaki
- October 20, 2015: We reported on a shakeup at Dissident Cigars.
- October 20, 2016: We reported on Drew Estate adding the Pappy Van Winkle Family Reserve Barrel Fermented Churchill and Pappy Drew Limitada
- October 20, 2016: We assessed the Villiger San’Doro Maduro Toro
- October 20, 2016: We reported on the Nestor Miranda Collection Corojo heading for general release
- October 20, 2016: We reported on Black Label Trading Company producing the 2016 Throw Down Project.
- October 20, 2017: We did an Agile Cigar Review on the La Palina Illumination Robusto
- October 20, 2016: We published Prime Time Episode 26: Juan Martinez, Joya de Nicaragua