The Cigar Industry Report is a one-stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of the news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. In addition, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern Time.
Cigar Industry Report: Edition 349 (10/5/19)
Feature of the Week: Los Angeles County Passes Flavored Tobacco Ban
This week, Los Angeles County has passed a flavored cigar ban. Los Angeles County, which includes the city of Los Angeles is the most populous county in the U.S. We got the details here.
Feature of the Week: Imperial Brands CEO Alison Cooper Resigns
This week it was announced that Imperial Brands CEO Alison Cooper will be stepping down. She will remain in the role until the Imperial Brands Board of Directors finds a replacement. We’ve got the details here.
News and Previews
- Drew Estate: The Undercrown ShadyXX is heading to Drew Diplomat retailers.
- Villiger: The company has updated its packaging on its Villiger La Libertad.
- CAO: The CAO Orellana has begun to arrive at stores.
- La Flor Dominicana: The company is teaming up with R & R Cigar Mansion for the shop exclusive R & R Cigar Mansion – Special Football Edition.
- La Palina: The La Palina Goldie Churchill has begun to arrive at retailers.
- Tatuaje: The company announced its Unlucky 26 for the Tatuaje The Chuck and Tatuaje The Tiff Dress Boxes
- Ventura Cigar Company: The company has shipped its Archetype Chapter 3 line.
- U.S. Senate: S.9 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week no new co-sponsors were added.
- U.S. House of Representatives: H.R.1854 is the House Companion Bill to S.9. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors is now at 79.
- Colorado: The city of Denver is raising the tobacco purchase age to 21.
- New Hampshire: The tobacco purchase age is going up to 19 years of age.
- Aladino Corojo Reserva Toro by JRE Tobacco Co.
- Alec Bradley Project 40 06.52
- Crux Limitada Short Salomone (2019)
- Eiroa Dark 50 x 5 by C.L.E. Cigar Company
- VegaFina 1998 VF 52
- This month’s editorial was “No Rumors, No Teasers, No Fake News“
Prime Time Show
For Episode 112 we welcomed the legendary Lars Tetens to Prime Time
Prime Time Special Edition
Episode 113 (10/10/19): Sébastien Decoppet, Cavalier Geneve
Prime Time Special Edition
On this date October 5th
- Oct 5, 2010: We noted an Op-Ed article by the Cincinnati Enquirer defending the Cincinnati Reds locker room cigar celebration.
- Oct 5, 2010: We assessed the Gurkha Ninja Knife
- Oct 5, 2012: We did a pre-release review of the Rocky Patel HR500 (Gary Sheffield 500 Homerun Club Cigar)
- Oct 5, 2012: We re-posted a press release on the Punch Tailgating Season Six Pack
- Oct 5, 2013: We published Cigar Week Wrap: Volume 2, Number 38 (10/5/13)
- Oct 5, 2014: We assessed the Regius Damaris Gran Toro
- Oct 5, 2015: We reported on La Aurora announcing a Settlement with Padilla Cigars over the lion logo
- Oct 5, 2015: We assessed the Roberto P. Duran Signature Santo Cárdenas Edition
- Oct 5, 2016: We assessed the Mi Querida Ancho Largo by Dunbarton Tobacco and Trust
- Oct 5, 2016: We reported on JM Tobacco’s Española
- Oct 5, 2017: We assessed the Gaaja Maduro Toro by Bombay Tobak
- Oct 5, 2017: We reported on Alec Bradley 2017 releases hitting retail shelves
- Oct 5, 2018: We reported on Dawn Conger joining TMG
- Oct 5, 2018: We did an Agile Cigar Review on the Saga Short Tales Tomo II-Tales of the Land: Cotuí by De Los Reyes Cigars
- Oct 5, 2018: We reported on the ACID Cartel Subculture.
- Oct 5, 2018: We published Prime Time Episode 69: The Camacho Show