The Cigar Industry Report is a one-stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of the news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. In addition, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern Time.
Cigar Industry Report: Edition 353 (11/2/19)
Feature of the Week:President Trump to Nominate Dr. Stephen Hahn FDA Commissioner
United States President Donald Trump will nominate Dr. Stephen Hahn to be the next U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Commissioner. Dr. Hahn is an oncologist who currently serves as the Chief Medical Executive of the MD Anderson Cancer Center. We got the details here.
News and Previews
- Aganorsa Leaf: Announced its Single Cask Nation shop exclusive cigar
- 7-20-4 Cigars: The 7-20-4 1874 Series has begun shipping nationally.
- Foundation Cigars: The company has announced its event only Grasshopper five-pack.
- Micallef Cigars: The company has announced its first-ever price increase.
- Viaje Cigars: The company announced its November releases: Farmhand Andre and its new Craft Series release, Wilshire and La Jolla.
- U.S. Senate: S.9 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at 15.
- U.S. House of Representatives: H.R.1854 is the House Companion Bill to S.9. This week 2 new co-sponsors have signed on: Thomas Massie [R-Kentucky] and H. Griffith Morgan [R-Virginia] The total number of sponsors is now 81.
- FDA: Oral Arguments were heard in the cigar industry’s appeal on warning labels against the FDA. The audio archive is here.
- Saga Short Tales Tomo VI: The Sixth Element: El Tabaco by De Los Reyes Cigars
- OneOff +53 Super Robusto by Illusione Cigars
- San Pedro de Macorís Brazil Robusto by Royal Agio Cigars
Agile Cigar Reviews
Prime Time Show
No Show This Week
Prime Time Special Edition
Episode 116 (10/31/19): Live from La Zona Palooza 2019
Prime Time Special Edition
Special Edition 62 (11/12/19): The Baseball Show
On this date November 2nd….
- Nov 2, 2011: We posted a press release announcing the launch of the East India Trading Company and Wicked Indie Cigar.
- Nov 2, 2012: We posted a press release announcing the launch of Emilio Cigar’s La Musa line.
- Nov 2 2012: We posted a press release announcing a distribution agreement in the Asian market for Primer Mundo cigars.
- Nov 2, 2012: We posted a press release announcing the Sosa Cigars Auric Perfectum.
- Nov 2, 2012: We assessed the Viaje Skull and Bones M?stery BP 2012 (Maduro)
- Nov 2, 2013: We published Cigar Week Wrap: Volume 2, Number 42 (11/2/13)
- Nov 2, 2013: We reported on the Avo Movement TAA Limited Release
- Nov 2, 2014: We assessed the Neya Classic Cañonazo by Roberto P. Duran Cigars
- Nov 2, 2015: We assessed the Flores y Rodriguez 10th Anniversary Reserva Limitada Robusto by PDR Cigars
- Nov 2, 2016: We reported on the Davidoff Year of the Rooster Accessories
- Nov 2, 2016: We assessed the Joya Black Toro by Joya de Nicaragua
- Nov 2, 2016: We reported on Tabacalera USA forming “Casa de Montecristo and acquiring Houston-based Serious Cigars
- Nov 2, 2016: We reported on My Father Cigars taking the Flor de Las Antillas Maduro national
- Nov 2, 2017: We reported on the launch of the Nomad Fin de los Mundos.
- Nov 2, 2017: We reported on the release of the Colibri Quasar Cutter
- Nov 2, 2018: We published Prime Time Episode 73: Live from La Zona Palooza 2018
- Nov 2, 2018: We reported on Davidoff Year of the Pig.