The Cigar Industry Report is a one-stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of the news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. In addition, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern Time.
Cigar Industry Report: Edition 355 (11/16/19)
Feature of the Week: Comprehensive Anti-Tobacco Bill Clears House Subcommittee
While its a long way from becoming law, a comprehensive anti-tobacco bill that includes a ban on internet/catalog sales, minimum tobacco age of 21 nationwide, and flavored tobacco has cleared a House subcommittee. We’ve got the details here.
News and Previews
- Alec Bradley: The Alec Bradley Fine & Rare HOF / 506 has begun to arrive at stores.
- Casa Cuevas Cigars: Director of Sales Gabriel Alvarez has left the company.
- Fratello: The Fratello Navetta and Navetta Inverso Churchill were announced as the company’s latest shop exclusive.
- Joya de Nicaragua: The Joya Copper has been announced as the fifth installment of the Joya line and will be a shop exclusive.
- JSK Cigars: The JSK Tyrannical Buc Habano was announced as a limited shop exclusive.
- Lost & Found: Four “found” releases have been announced this month.
- Miami Cigar & Company: The Don Lino Africa is scheduled to ship to retailers next week.
- Smoker Friendly: Announced it has acquired the Smoker Outlet retail chain.
- TPE: Tobacco Media Group announced that Karl Malone will be the keynote speaker for the Tobacco Products Expo show.
- U.S. Senate: S.9 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at 15.
- U.S. House of Representatives: H.R.1854 is the House Companion Bill to S.9. This week one new co-sponsor Rep David Rouzer [R-North Carolina] wa added. The total number of sponsors now is at 82.
- Massachusetts: The State House has passed a bill that includes a ban on flavored tobacco. The bill still has to be voted on in the Senate.
Agile Cigar Reviews
Prime Time Show
For Episode 116 we had an All Star-Media Panel #8
Prime Time Special Edition
For Special Edition #62, we did “The Baseball Show – 2019 Postseason Edition”
Episode 118 (11/21/19): Benjamin Holt, Dissident Cigars
Prime Time Special Edition
Special Edition 63 (11/26/19): Emma Viktorsson, Las Cumbres Tabaco
On this date Nov 16th
- Nov 16, 2010: We visited New York’s Cigar Inn.
- Nov 16, 2012: We previewed two large ring gauge line extensions, the My Father No. 6, and Don Pepin Garcia Original (Blue Label) Toro Grande
- Nov 16, 2012: We assessed the E.P. Carrillo Cardinal Maduro, a cigar that finished as our #6 Cigar of the Year for 2012.
- Nov 16, 2013: Cigar Week Wrap: Volume 2, Number 44 (11/16/13)
- Nov 16, 2014: We assessed the Zino Platinum – The Make of Texas Collector’s Edition
- Nov 16, 2015: We reported on the Quality Importers Palió Acquisition
- Nov 16, 2015: We reported on CLE Cigar Company announcing the availability of Eiroa First 20 Years
- Nov 16, 2015: We reported on the L’Atelier SEC Limited
- Nov 16, 2015: We did an Agile Cigar Review on the Bold by Nish Patel Robusto
- Nov 16, 2016: We assessed the Aladino Elegante by JRE Tobacco Company
- Nov 16, 2016: We reported on the proposed Companion Rule to FDA Submission Process being withdrawn
- Nov 16, 2017: We assessed the Undercrown Sun Grown Corona by Drew Estate
- Nov 16, 2017: We reported on the return of Camp Camacho.
- Nov 16, 2018: We assessed the La Flor Dominicana La Volcada (Churchill)
- Nov 16, 2018: We reported on Viaje releasing the 2018 Editions of Stuffed Turkey and Zombie Farmer Bill Hatchet
- Nov 16, 2018: We reported on the Pier 28 Oscuro nearing release
- Nov 16, 2018: We reported on Sinistro Cigars’ plans to partner with Tiburon Boutique Cigars in Texas Market
- Nov 16, 2018: We published Prime Time Episode 75: Robert Caldwell, Caldwell Cigar Company