The Cigar Industry Report is a one-stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of the news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. In addition, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern Time.
Cigar Industry Report: Edition 381 (5/16/20)
Feature of the Week: PCA Cancelled
This week the Premium Cigar Association (PCA) officially cancelled its trade show. We did several news stories leading up to the cancellation as well as covered the cancellation itself.
- Premium Cigar Association Cancels 2020 Trade Show
- Organizers to Evaluate Course of Action for InterTabac 2020; No Word on 2020 PCA Trade Show
- Nevada Gaming Convention Approves Casino Reopening Plan, Caps Conventions at 250 and Receives Public Comments Calling for Smoking Bans
News and Previews
- Black Label Trading Company: The company announced it is shipping the Bishops Blend Fifth Year Anniversary Corona Larga and Robusto sizes.
- HVC Cigars: Announced the HVC 500 Years Anniversary Selectos and Shorts line extensions.
- U.S. Senate: S.9 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at 15.
- U.S. House of Representatives: H.R.1854 is the House Companion Bill to S.9. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains 85.
- Brick House Ciento Por Ciento TAA Exclusive (2019) by J.C. Newman Cigar Company
- Freyja 12 Dvalinn by Las Cumbres Tabaco
- Powstanie Wojtek (Perfecto)
- Villiger Cuellar Black Forest Toro Gordo
Agile Cigar Reviews
Prime Time Show
Prime Time Special Edition
Prime Time Jukebox
5/18 The Great American Jerk-Off – Powered by Cigar Coop
5/19 Prime Time Special Edition 76: Litto Gomez, La Flor Dominicana
5/21 Prime Time Episode 139: Manuel Inoa, La Aurora
On this date May 9
- May 16, 2011: We assessed the Casa Torano Maduro.
- May 16, 2012: We re-posted a press release on the Hoyo de Monterrey Box a Day Giveaway
- May 16, 2012: We re-posted a press release on Miami Cigar & Company’s Nestor Miranda Grand Reserve 2012
- May 16, 2013: We re-posted a press release on the Torano Vault D-042.
- May 16, 2014: We recapped our exclusive story on the announcement of the J. Grotto Anniversary.
- May 16, 2014: We did an Assessment Update on the La Palina Collection Mr. Sam (2013)
- May 16, 2014: We reported on the Screwpop Cigar Punch 2.0.
- May 16, 2015: We published Cigar Industry Report: Volume 4, Number 25 (5/16/15)
- May 16, 2015: We reported on H.R. 2058 being introduced to change the effective date to proposed regulations for Premium Cigars
- May 16, 2016: We assessed the Monolito Dominicana Toro
- May 16, 2017: We assessed the Casa Fernandez Master Mason 5 x 56
- May 16, 2017: We reported on Ezra Zion Cigar Company departing Boutiques Unified
- May 16, 2017: We reported on Altadis USA and Boutique Blends strategic partnership as well as bringing Rafael Nodal On Board
- May 16, 2018: We reported on the Premium Cigar Exemption and Predicate Date Change language being included in FY19 Agriculture Appropriations Bill
- May 16, 2018: We assessed the Montecristo Grupo de Maestros Private Batch III by Altadis U.S.A.
- May 16, 2019: We reported on the Davidoff Golden Band Award Nominees for 2019
- May 16, 2019: We reported on the Crux Epicure Maduro heading to Stores
- May 16, 2019: We did an Agile Cigar Review on the Crux Limitada PB5 Second Release