Espinosa Cigars and Cigar Dojo have teamed up again. This time it’s for a cigar known as Diet Sarsaparilla. It’s an event-only release for the 2022 edition of The Great Smoke (TGS).
The cigar features an Ecuadorian Connecticut wrapper over a double binder of Mexican and Nicaraguan tobaccos and all-Nicaraguan fillers. The cigar comes in a 6 x 48 Short Churchill. It will be available in ten-count bundles with a total allocation of 500 bundles. Pricing is set at $120.00 per bundle. Production comes from Erik Espinosa’s La Zona factory in Estelí, Nicaragua.
The original Sarsaparilla released used a Mexican wrapper. According to a press release, the Mexican binder “allows for continuity from the Mexican-wrapped original to the smooth (yet surprisingly full) experience of Diet Sarsaparilla.”
Diet Sarsaparilla will only be available to those holding in-person or virtual tickets for the 2022 edition of The Great Smoke. The cigar will go on sale on January 12, 2021, during a virtual TGS Broadcast.
The 2022 edition of The Great Smoke is scheduled to take place on February 26, 2021, in West Palm Beach Florida. Hosted by Smoke Inn, the event is a large multivendor consumer event and will also feature a virtual component for those who cannot attend to enjoy the experience at home. A series of five “event only” cigars is being made available and will go on sale at special virtual events leading up to The Great Smoke. Five manufacturers will be providing these cigars. Below is a list of the manufacturers and when the virtual events will or have taken place.
- Aganorsa Leaf (Aganorsa Leaf Aniversario Maduro Perfecto): Wednesday, December 8th (7pm EST)
- Dunbarton Tobacco & Trust (DTT-EX-78): Wednesday, December 29th (7pm EST)
- Espinosa Premium Cigars (Diet Sarsaparilla by Espinosa Cigars): Wednesday, January 12th (7pm EST)
- Room101 (TBA): Wednesday, January 26th (7pm EST)
- ADV Cigars (TBA): Wednesday, February 9th (7pm EST)
This is the sixth collaboration between Espinosa and Cigar Dojo, and the third “Sarsaparilla” themed one.
The following is a complete list of the Cigar Dojo collaborations done by cigar manufacturers and brands:
- Undercrown Dogma by Drew Estate
- Sensei’s Sensational Sarsaparilla by Espinosa Cigars
- Viaje Throw Down Dojonation
- RoMa Craft Tobac Intemperance Whiskey Rebellion 1794-Cigar Dojo Edition
- Sensei’s Sensational Sarsaparilla II by Espinosa Cigars
- Quesada Dojo de Luxe
- Camacho Imperial Stout Barrel-Aged
- Protocol K9
- Aganorsa Leaf’s ReviveR by Casa Fernandez
- Espinosa Feng Shui
- Room 101 [untitled]
- Davidoff Cigar Dojo Exclusive
- Protocol Night Stick
- Psychedelic Turtle
- RoMa Craft Tobac Intemperance Whiskey Rebellion 1794 Pennsatucky
- Aganorsa Leaf Bonsai
- Caldwell Far Eastern Standard
- Alec & Bradley Uru Doshi
- Undercrown Dogma Sun Grown by Drew Estate
- Lost & Found Gimmick
- Joya de Nicaragua Joya Ninjaragua
- Protocol Taser
- Psychedelic Turtle II
- Alec & Bradley Dojo Chico
- Aganorsa Leaf ReviveR (Re-Release)
- Diet Sarsaparilla by Espinosa Cigars
At a glance, here is a look at the Diet Sarsaparilla by Espinosa Cigars:
Blend and Origin
Wrapper: Ecuadorian Connecticut
Binder: Mexican, Nicaraguan
Filler: Nicaraguan (Condega, Jalapa)
Country of Origin: Nicaragua
Factory: La Zona S.A.
Short Churchill: 6 x 48