The Cigar Industry Report is a one-stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of the news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. In addition, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern Time.
Cigar Industry Report: Edition 476 (3/12/22)
NASEM Releases Report on Premium Cigars
The National Academy of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine completed a report on premium cigars. That report Premium Cigars: Patterns of Use, Marketing, and Health Effects was unveiled on Thursday. The study contains 13 conclusions related to health risks, addiction potential, and secondhand smoke exposure associated with premium cigars. It also provides recommendations to inform federal research on premium cigars. Click here for more information.
- Forged Cigar Company: Announced the El Rey del Mundo Naturals
- General Cigar Company: Announced the Cohiba Serie M Corona Gorda
- JSK Cigars: The company will release two cigars for its Ristefari 2022 Event
- Micallef Cigars: The Micallef Migdalia Special Edition has returned for 2022.
- Oveja Negra Brands: Announced the Black Works Studio Tiger Series will now be available at U.S. events.
- Room101 Cigars: We reported on the Room101 Snake Shake.
- Alec Bradley: Promoted Ryan Ponist to Business Development Manager
- Cigars International: The CIGARFest event has been revamped into a series of regional events.
- Scandinavian Tobacco Group (STG): Announced the retirement of Rick Rodriguez. We also reported on the expansion and restructuring of its marketing team
- House of Representatives: HR 3982 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week no new co-sponsors signed on. The total number of sponsors remains at 59.
- U.S. Senate: S.438 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at nine.
Agile Cigar Reviews
The Smoking Syndicate
Features and Blog
- The Blog: KMA Talk Radio Episode 448 – Year in Review Show
- The Blog: KMA Talk Radio Episode 449 – Micky Pegg, All Saints Cigars
- The Blog: Spare Notes Series #13
- The Blog: Spare Notes Series #14
Prime Time Podcasts
Prime Time Show
Prime Time Special Edition
Prime Time Jukebox
TBA: Prime Time Jukebox Episode 67: TBD
3/22: Prime Time Special Edition 117: La Zona Palooza 2022 Pre-Game Sho2
3/23: Prime Time Episode 223: Media Panel #12
On This Date…
On this date March 12th…
- Mar 12, 2011: We assessed the Rocky Patel Spring Collection 2009
- Mar 12, 2011: We assessed the La Reloba Selección Mexico
- Mar 12, 2012: We assessed the Don Pepin Garcia Blue Label Firecracker
- Mar 12, 2013: We assessed the E.P. Carrillo Medalla D’ Oro (Federal Cigar 92nd Anniversary Cigar)
- Mar 12, 2014: We reported on Oscar Valladares Tobacco & Company’s Rosalila
- Mar 12, 2014: We assessed the La Jugada Habano by Moya Ruiz Cigars
- Mar 12, 2015: We reported on the Room101 Ichiban Roxxo
- Mar 12, 2015: We reported on Boutique Blends Aging Room Bin No. 1 Box Pressed Toro and Lancero
- Mar 12, 2015: We reported on the La Aurora Cien Años Lancero Cameroon
- Mar 12, 2015: We assessed the Garofalo Robusto
- Mar 12, 2016: We published Cigar Industry Report: Volume 5, Number 16 (3/12/16)
- Mar 12, 2017: We assessed the Neya F8 Texas Tactical Lancero by Duran Cigars
- Mar 12, 2018: We reported on the Viaje Carolina Reaper
- Mar 12, 2018: We assessed the La Flor Dominicana Special Football Edition 2018
- Mar 12, 2019: We reported on Dr. Ned Sharpless being named Acting FDA Commissioner
- Mar 12, 2019: We reported on Dylan Austin being named President for Davidoff Americas
- Mar 12, 2019: We reported on the Punch Egg Roll
- Mar 12, 2019: We reported on the death of Simon Chase
- Mar 12, 2020: We reported on José Blanco joinin Arturo Fuente
- Mar 12, 2020: We assessed the Toscano Stilnovo
- Mar 12, 2020: We reported on the postponement of the 2020 TAA Convention
- Mar 12, 2021: We did an Agile Cigar Review on the RoMa Craft Tobac Aquitaine Mandible
- Mar 12, 2021: We reported on the Protocol Taser.
- Mar 12, 2021: We published The Blog: Pink Cadillac Tour 2021 – The Social Distanced Edition Part 8: New Mexico/Arizona
- Mar 12, 2021: We reported on Vintage Rock-a-Feller Cigar Group’s Art of Magic