The Cigar Week Wrap is a one stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of our news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. We will throw in a few bonus items from time to time as well. Our intent is to publish once a week on Saturday mornings. Note: We have decided to label our posts as “Volume 2” to be consistent with the monthly “Editor’s Corner”.
- Part 4 of our IPCPR 2013 Trade Show Preview: Around the Show Floor (1st Installment)
- Our on-going IPCPR 2013 Digest is now in progress.
News and Previews
- Ashton: A fourth blend is being added to the San Cristobal line called San Cristobal Revelation. The cigar is targeted for a September release.
- CAO: The company has begun shipping a new limited edition to its Flavours line called American Slyce.
- Casa Fernandez: We previewed two 2013 IPCPR releases – the Casa Fernandez Miami Reserva Maduro and the limited edition Casa Fernandez 35th Anniversary.
- Dona Flor: Announced the Alonso Menendez line will be available in distribution in the U.S. The company has also announced it will release a limited edition cigar called Precioso 36 Edição Limitada. Both cigar lines will be at the 2013 IPCPR Trade Show.
- Drew Estate: Announced the Nica Rustica line and a 7 x 70 line extension to the My Uzi Weighs a Ton line will be at the 2013 IPCPR Trade Show.
- Dunhill: We previewed the 12th vitola to the Dunhill Aged Series – the Dunhill Aged Series Calatas.
- Elogio: As per the company’s Facebook page, it appears the company will be unveiling a new product to be announced at the 2013 IPCPR Trade Show.
- Ezra Zion Cigars: On an appearance on CigarChat, the company announced the next release of the Honor Series, which was going to be called MLK will be renamed. The new name was not specified. It was also announced the MLK would be delayed to a fall release.
- Gramercy Cigars: Announced the launch of the company and its first blend the Gravitas.
- La Aurora: We previewed the box-press extensions to the Guillermo Leon Signature and Fernando Leon Family Reserve. On a guest appearance on Cigar Chat, Barry Stein confirmed there will be a La Aurora Puro Vintage 2005 released at IPCPR.
- La Flor Domincana: The company announced its 2013 IPCPR Plans: The Factory Press Limitado, the new La Flor Dominicana Chapter 1, Line extensions to the LFD Double Ligero line, Tubo vitolas being added to three lines, a 2013 batch of the LFD Colorado Oscuro, and finally the 2013 Vintage of the Litto Gomez Diez will be released.
- La Gloria Cubana: We previewed a new retail exclusive to Famous Smoke Shop – the La Gloria Cubana Gilded Age. This cigar was launched at the 2013 Cigarnival event held by Famous.
- Lou Rodriguez Cigars: We previewed the company’s upcoming new release – the Lou Rod. This cigar will be launched at the 2013 IPCPR.
- My Father Cigars: The company is releasing a 6 x 60 Flor de las Antillas that will be a limited edition retail exclusive to Binny’s Beverage Depot in Illinois.
- Nomad Cigar Company: The company announced its first core line Nicaraguan-made cigar, the Nomad S-307.
- Primer Mundo Cigars: Has announced the Costa Fuerte, a line extension to La Hermandad will be launched at the 2013 IPCPR Trade Show.
- Rocky Patel Premium Cigars; Showed a first picture of the new Bold by Nish Patel.
- SAG Imports: On a post via the Quesada Cigars web page, the Cubita Noveau will be launched at the 2013 IPCPR Trade Show.
- T.L. Johnson Cigars/La Tradicion Cigars: Announced the two companies will collaborate on a joint cigar line to be launched at the 2013 IPCPR Trade Show.
- Ventura Cigar Company: Will launch two cigars at the 2013 IPCPR, the Project 805 and PSyKo SEVEN.
- Viaje: Announced a new extension to the Late Harvest Line – the Viaje Late Harvest Hang Time.
- Xikar: In a huge announcement, Xikar announced it is selling its Defiance and HC Cigar lines to Cigar International. The company will focus on its accessories business.
- FDA: Since last week’s report, an additional 2 co-sponsors have signed on to HR 792 –making for a total 103 co-sponsors (104 total sponsors). Meanwhile Senator Patrick Toomey of Pennsylvania has signed on for the companion Senate Bill S 772, bringing the total co-sponsors to 10 (11 sponsors overall).
- Iowa: Legislation is being proposed to end the exemption to casinos on the State’s public smoking ban.
- New Jersey: State Senator Dawn Marie Addiego and Assemblyman Chris Brown are proposing legislation that would ban smoking in all state parks, beaches, wildlife management areas and “any property acquired or developed with the help of state funds for recreation and conservation purposes”
- Asylum 13 Authentic Corojo
- 601 La Bomba Maduro Warhead (Pre-Release)
- Casa Miranda Chapter Two (Pre-Release)
- Viaje Secret Sauce
- July 6th 2011: We assessed the Padron 1964 Anniversary Maduro Torpedo.
- July 6th 2011: We posted a press release on the launch of Temptation Cigars.
- July 6th 2011: We covered the defeat of California SB 575. This was one of the most restrictive smoking bans ever proposed.
- July 6th 2012: We posted the original feature story, Jonathan Drew Explains Achieving Consistency in the Cigar Production Process.
- July 6th 2012: We posted a press release on the 262 Revere. This is a cigar that would become our #14 Cigar for 2012.