The Cigar Industry Report is a one-stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of the news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. In addition, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern Time.
Cigar Industry Report: Edition 350 (10/12/19)
Feature of the Week: JR Cigars and My Father Cigars Bring Back Cabañas Brand
One of the oldest brands that originated in Cuba, Cabañas is making a comeback. This week JR Cigars announced that later this month it is bringing back the brand – with the help of the Garcia family at My Father Cigars in Nicaragua. The cigar will be an exclusive to JR Cigar. We’ve got the details here.
News and Previews
- Davidoff: The next installment of the Vault Series is the Davidoff Exquisite.
- Crux: The company is shipping the first phase of its rebranded products.
- JSK Cigars: The company announced the Söta Kakor as a release for Sweden.
- Gurkha: The company has shipped its Gurkha Nicaraguan Series.
- My Father Cigars: The company announced the Jaime Garcia Reserva Especial 10th Anniversary Limited Edition 2019
- U.S. Senate: S.9 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at 15.
- U.S. House of Representatives: H.R.1854 is the House Companion Bill to S.9. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at 79.
- Aganorsa Leaf Signature Maduro Robusto
- Davidoff Puro Dominicano Belicoso (2018 Vault Release)
- M.Esteli Toro by Bombay Tobak
- San Pedro de Macorís Ecuador Robusto by Royal Agio Cigars
- Southern Draw IGNITE Corojo No. 4 Rothschild
Prime Time Show
For Episode 113 we welcomed Sébastien Decoppet of Cavalier Geneve Cigars
Prime Time Special Edition
Episode 114 (10/17/19): TBA
Episode 115 (10/24/19): Jonathan Carney, La Flor Dominicana
Prime Time Special Edition
Special Edition TBA (11/12/19): Baseball Show
On this date October 12th
- Oct 12, 2010: We discussed a long ash from a 262 Paradigm
- Oct 12, 2010: We did a short article discussing elections and being a cigar enthusiast.
- Oct 12, 2010: We assessed the Roxor Maduro Torpedo
- Oct 12, 2010: We noted some humidor seasoning guidelines from J.C. Newman.
- Oct 12, 2010: We noted a report of a potential outdoor smoking ban in Wilkes-Barre, PA.
- Oct 12, 2012: We previewed K.A. Kendall’s Spider by 7-20-4 Cigars.
- Oct 12, 2013: We published Cigar Week Wrap: Volume 2, Number 39 (10/12/13)
- Oct 12, 2014: We assessed the Byron Siglo XX Londinenses by Selected Tobacco
- Oct 12, 2015: We assessed the Debonaire 33rd Maduro
- Oct 12, 2016: We reported on Gabriel Alvarez beeng named Director of Sales for Casa Cuevas Cigars
- Oct 12, 2016: We assessed the Black Label Trading Company Bishops Blend Robusto
- Oct 12, 2017: We published the feature story “A Visit to the JRE Tobacco Company Operations: Part 3-The Factory Operations“
- Oct 12, 2017: We reported on Crowned Heads Tennessee Waltz and Yellow Rose being offered nationwide to retailers for a 24-hour window
- Oct 12, 2018: We reported on CigarClub.com naming Shanda Lee Chief Marketing Officer
- Oct 12, 2018: We reported on Providencia Cigars announcing the La Misión Lancero
- Oct 12, 2018: We published Prime Time Episode 70: Brady Hayek, Jeremy Jack Cigars