The Cigar Industry Report is a one-stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of the news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. In addition, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern Time.
Cigar Industry Report: Edition 462 (12/4/21)
Altadis USA to Introduce Espada by Montecristo Signature.
There is a new Montecristo scheduled to hit the shelves this month. It’s called the Espada by Montecristo Signature. Produced at the Plasencia factory, it’s the latest installment under the Espada by Montecristo line. We’ve got the details here.
- Alec Bradley: The company has shipped its 2021 PCA Exclusive, the Alec Bradley Magic Toast Box Pressed Gran Toro
- Emperors Cut: The company has released its third line, Indulgence.
- Illusione: The company has taken on distribution for German Engineered Cigars.
- Favilli Cigars SA: This will be the new name for Mombacho Cigars SA when doing business in the U.S. market.
- Isabela Cigar Company: The company has released Mammoth.
- Reinado Cigars: Announced its upcoming release, Patria y Vida.
- Serino Cigar Company: Launches Studio Serino division and formally announces its initial release, Elenor Rose
- House of Representatives: HR 3982 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week two new co-sponsors, David McKinley [R-WV] and Jim Hagedorn [R-Minnesota] signed on. The total number of sponsors is now at 55.
- U.S. Senate: S.438 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at nine.
Agile Cigar Reviews
- Red Meat Lovers Club Meat Box Pressed (2020) by Dunbarton Tobacco & Trust
- RoMa Craft Tobac Wunder|Lust Gran Perfecto
The Smoking Syndicate
- None this week
Features and Blog
- None this week
- The Blog: KMA Talk Radio Episode 439 – Henderson Ventura
- The Blog: KMA Talk Radio Episode 440 – Eric Guttormson, Cigar Dojo
Prime Time Podcasts
Prime Time Show
Prime Time Special Edition
- No Show This Week
Prime Time Jukebox
12/7: Prime Time Special Edition 111: TBD: Everyday Smokes
12/9: Prime Time Episode 212: Brian Desind, Privada Cigar Club
12/13: Prime Time Jukebox Episode 58: 2022 Grammy Award Previe
On This Date…
On this date December 4th…
- Dec 4, 2010: We unveiled our #27 Cigar of the Year for 2010, the Esteban Carreras 5150.
- Dec 4, 2011: We unveiled our #27 Cigar of the Year for 2011, the Toraño Vault.
- Dec 4, 2012: We assessed the Rocky Patel BSB #1 Bernie Parent Cigar
- Dec 4, 2012: We assessed the EP Carrillo Edición Limitada 2012
- Dec 4, 2012: We unveiled our #27 Cigar of the Year for 2012, the E.P. Carrillo Cardinal Natural.
- Dec 4, 2012: We published a press release announcing Gurkha being chosen as the official cigar of the Delta Forces
- Dec 4, 2013: We reported on the MUWAT Kentucky Fire Cured line by Drew Estate
- Dec 4, 2013: We reported on the Toraño Colosseum
- Dec 4, 2013: We unveiled our #27 Cigar of the Year for 2013, the La Palina Mr Sam.
- Dec 4, 2013: We reported on the Herrera Esteli Lancero by Drew Estate (Cigar Preview)
- Dec 4, 2013: We assessed the Oliva Serie V Maduro Especial 2013
- Dec 4, 2013: We reported on the Aging Room Quattro T59
- Dec 4, 2014: We unveiled our #27 Cigar of the Year for 2014, the WCD 127 Tatuaje Limited Edition.
- Dec 4, 2014: We assessed The Buckingham by Crowned Heads
- Dec 4, 2015: We unveiled our #27 Cigar of the Year for 2015, the Aging Room Bin No. 1 D Major by Boutique Blends Cigars
- Dec 4, 2015: We did an Agile Cigar Review of the Diamond Crown Julius Caeser by J.C. Newman Cigar Company
- Dec 4, 2015: We reported on the La Flor Dominicana’s Litto Gomez Diez Small Batch No. 6
- Dec 4, 2016: We assessed the The Voyage Toro by Baracoa Cigar Company
- Dec 4, 2017: We assessed the Casa Fernandez Aganorsa Leaf TABSA Dharma No. 3
- Dec 4, 2017: We reported AJ Fernandez Cigar Co naming Selim Hanono COO
- Dec 4, 2018: We reported on the Fuente Fuente OpusX Serie Heaven and Earth to Feature Purple Rain, BBMF, and Taurus the Bull releases
- Dec 4, 2019: We did an Agile Cigar Review of the La Colmena Unico Especial by Warped Cigars (2019)
- Dec 4, 2019: We reported on Viaje introducing three new New Skull & Bones Releases
- Dec 4, 2020: We reported on the Drew Estate Liga Privada Unico Serie Bauhaus
- Dec 4, 2020: We reported on the Lost & Found Chance
- Dec 4, 2020: We unveiled our #30 Cigar of the Year for 2020, the La Aurora 107 Cosecha 2007 Corona Gorda