The Cigar Industry Report is a one stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of our news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. Finally, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern time.
Cigar Industry Report: Volume 6, Number 12 (Edition 213 2/11/17)
Cigar Coop Announces Partnership with Smooth Draws Radio
We are proud to announce our new partnership with Smooth Draws Radio. We got the details here.
Feature of the Week: Kafie 1901 Cigars Opens Tabacalera G.Kafie y Cia
In a story first seen on Cigar Coop. Kafie 1901 Cigars has announced it is opening its own factory, Tabacalera G. Kafie y Cia. We got the details here.
- Bombay Tobak: The company’s Gaaja Torpedo and Gaaja Maduro releases are now heading to stores.
- British American Tobacco: The tobacco giant announced it is removing Dunhill Cigars and Pipe Tobacco from its portfolio.
- Foundry Tobacco Company: The subsidiary of General is bringing back the Temple Hall Estates Collection.
- Quesada Cigars: The company is teaming up with Cigar Dojo for the Quesada 40th Anniversary Dojo de Luxe, a perfecto version of the Quesada 40th Anniversary Corona Clasica.
- Tabacalera USA: The company announced Casa de Montecristo lounges are heading to Nashville, Austin, and Tampa.
- Viaje Cigars: The company announced it is releasing Viaje Skull and Bones Daisy Cutter Edicion Limitada, a maduro version of its iconic Skull and Bones Daisy Cutter release.
- Federal: Tom Price has been confirmed by the U.S.Senateas Secretary of Health and Human Services
- House of Representatives: H.R. 564 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week 3 co-sponsors were added including: Rep David Rouzer [R-Ohio], Rep Mike Bishop [R-Michigan], and Rep Chris Collins [R-Iowa]. The total number of sponsors is now 62.
- U.S. Senate: S.294 is the Senate companion bill to H.R. 564. This week Senator Robert Menendez [D-New Jersey]. The total number of sponsors is now 11.
- Washington: House Bill 1919 has been introduced by State Representative Brandon Vick that would allow for cigar lounges again provided lounge workers are smokers.
- CLE Azabache 50 x 5 (TAA Exclusive)
- El Trovador Gran Toro by PDR Cigars
- La Flor Dominicana Andalusian Bull
- Oliveros All Stars Small Batch No. 5 Basso by Boutique Blends Cigars
Agile Cigar Reviews
On this date February 11th…
- February 11th 2011: We assessed the Davidoff Millennium.
- February 11th 2012: We did a pre-release assessment on E.P. Carrillo NWC Short Run 2012.
- February 11th 2013: We re-posted a press release on the La Flor Dominicana Mystery Cigar
- February 11th 2013: We re-posted a press release on the Ezra Zion INCEPTION being re-branded as JAMAIS VU
- February 11th 2012: We reported on the launch of Royal Gold Cigars by Swisher International.
- February 11th 2013: We assessed the Viaje Super Shot 2013 Corojo 10 Gauge.
- February 11th 2014: We previewed Cigar Federation’s “The Collective”.
- February 11th 2014: We reported on Eddie Tarazona’s future plans for Tarazona Cigars
- February 11th 2014: We reported the Cubanacan’s split with Tarazona Cigars.
- February 11th 2014: We reported on the Xikar Enigma II,
- February 11th 2014: We assessed the Ortega Wild Bunch 2013 Crazy Jack Psycho.
- February 11th 2014: We reported on the Nestor Miranda Collection Maduro
- February 11th 2015: We reported on the launch of Senate Bill S. 441 Ito exempt premium cigars from FDA Regulation
- February 11th 2015: We broke news on Black Label Trading Company opening Fabrica de Oveja Negra in Esteli, Nicaragua.
- February 11th 2015: We reported on the Davidoff Limited Masters Edition 2015.
- February 11th 2015: We reported on the announcement of the Punch Signature.
- February 11th 2015: We reported on the Viaje Friends and Family Merci.
- February 11th 2015: We broke news on the Larceny Project by Eddie Ortega and Sean Williams.
- February 11th 2015: We reported on the planned launch of Warped Cigars’ Flor del Valle Las Brumas.
- February 11th 2016: We assessed the Viaje Collaboration 2015.
- February 11th 2016: We reported on the Espinosa Laranja Reserva DeSocio.