The Cigar Industry Report is a one-stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of the news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. In addition, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern Time.
WELCOME CURRENT SPONSOR ALPHA CIGAR COMPANY AS OUR NEW SPONSOR FOR THE CIGAR INDUSTRY REPORT!
Cigar Industry Report: Volume 6, Number 28 (Edition 229 6/3/17)
Feature of the Week: Altadis U.S.A. Adding Monte by Montecristo AJ Fernandez
It’s the fifth release by A.J. Fernandez for the brands under Tabacalera USA. This week details were announced on the Monte by Montecristo AJ Fernandez. This is a cigar that will be showcased at the 2017 IPCPR Trade Show.
Our 2017 IPCPR Digest is live. You can follow-up on all of our reports leading up to the 2017 IPCPR Trade Show opening July 10th in Las Vegas.
- Alpha Cigar Company: Announced the Édition New Orleans Line.
- Cornelius & Anthony: Steven Bailey’s company will launch its first Connecticut “Aerial” at 2017 IPCPR Trade Show
- Dunbarton Tobacco and Trust: The company announced the Mi Querida Gordita, a cigar that was previously not regularly available will now be showcased as a regular offering at the 2017 IPCPR.
- Davidoff: The company announced the release of the Davidoff Exclusive Tampa Florida Sun Grown – a cigar targeted for the Davidoff Flagship store in Tampa and it features Florida Sun Grown tobacco
- House of Representatives: H.R. 564 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week no new co-sponsors were added The total number of sponsors remains at 110.
- U.S. Senate: S.294 is the Senate companion bill to H.R. 564. This week no new co-sponsors signed on. The total number of sponsors remains at 15.
- House Bill 1136: H.R. 1136 is the legislation to change the Grandfather Date for Deeming Tobacco products subject to FDA Regulation from February 15, 2017 to 21 days after enactment of the regulations. This week eight new co-sponsors was added – Jeff Fortenberry [R-Nebraska], David Rouzer [R-North Carolina], Kyrsten Simena [D-Arizona], Bradley Byrne [R-Alabama], Scott Taylor [R-Virginia], Bill Flores [R-Texas], Steve King [R-Iowa], and Bennie Thompson [D-Mississippi]. The total sponsor count is now 71.
- New Jersey: A State Assembly panel has voted in favor of raising the Smoking Age to 21. This is now going to the full Assembly. If passed it goes to Governor Chris Christie’s desk where he has vetoed the measure twice in the past.
- Cornelius & Anthony Meridian Robusto (2016)
- Davidoff Nicaragua Box Pressed 6 x 60
- Protocol Probable Cause Lancero by Cubariqueño Cigar Company
- Caldwell Anastasia Opera
- Jas Sum Kral Zlatno Sonce Toro
This week we continued to chronicle the launch of Cigar Coop as a standalone entity with “The Journey Continues“.
Prime Time Show
For Episode 8, James Brown, the man behind Black Label Trading Company, Black Works Studio, and Fabrica Oveja Negra was our special guest. In our Debonaire Ideal segment we talked “Off Road Excursions”, and in our Deliberation Segment we look at what might happen if President Trump reverses course on President Obama’s Cuban policy.
Prime Time Special Edition #2
This installment was entitled “Cross Road“. It discusses
Prime Time Schedule
Our shows are available on YouTube, Podbean, iTunes, Tune In Radio, and Google Play.
Upcoming Schedule (Subject to Change)
Episode 9 (6/8/17): Riste Riatevski, JSK Cigars, Tom Person (Special Co-Host)
Special Edition #3 (6/13/17): Gabriel Alvarez, Casa Cuevas Cigars
Episode 10 (6/15/17): Bryan Mussard, Cattle Baron Cigars
Episode 11 (6/22/17): Claudio Sgroi, Mombacho Cigars
Episode 12 (6/29/17): Juan Cancel and Bill Ives, Cubariqueño Cigar Company
On this date June 3rd…
- June 3rd, 2013: We re-posted a press release on Dona Flor U.S.A’s. “Going Green” Technology to Preserve Cigars
- June 3rd, 2013: We posted an Assessment Update on the Tatuaje Apocalypse.
- June 3rd, 2014: We reported on CRA naming Robert Levin its new Chairman.
- June 3rd, 2014: We reported on the REINADO Grand Empire Reserve Ecuador Edition.
- June 3rd, 2014: We reported on Miami Cigar and Company’s new look.
- June 3rd, 2014: We assessed the Rocky Patel II-XXVI 2014.
- June 3rd, 2015: We reported on the Viaje Summerfest 2015
- June 3rd, 2015: We reported on the Viaje TNT and C-4 2015 Editions
- June 3rd, 2015: We reported on Black Label Trading Company’s Morphine 2015
- June 3rd, 2015: We assessed the Ortega Larceny by Sean Williams.
- June 3rd, 2015: We reported on Sosa Cigars’ bringing back Imperio Cubano.
- June 3rd, 2016: We assessed the Serino Royale Maduro Belicoso.
- June 3rd, 2016: We reported on Maya Selva Cigars’ Flor de Selva Maduro Grand Pressé
- June 3rd, 2016: We broke news on Jack Toraño rejoining Toraño Cigars