The Cigar Industry Report is a one-stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of the news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. In addition, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern Time.
Cigar Industry Report: Volume 7, Number 16 (Edition 269 3/10/18)
Feature of the Week: Recap of the XX Habanos Festival
This past week, we published a full recap of the XX Habanos Festival in our Post Game Report.
News and Previews
- Drew Estate: The Undercrown Dogma is returning as a part of Smoke Inn’s Cigar Dojo Ultimate Sampler.
- Alec Bradley: This April the Alec Bradley Medalist will have a global release.
- E.P. Carrillo: The long-awaited E.P. Carrillo Encore will be released March 15th.
- J.C. Newman Cigar Company: The company’s Cuesta-Rey Cigar will not return to Tropicana Field in 2018
- Mombacho Cigars.: Announced its Casa Favilli factory in Grenada, Nicaragua was named a TripAdvisor Top Tourist Destination and was awarded Certificate of Excellence.
- Tabacalera U.S.A.: Announced plans to open a new Casa de Montecristo Lounge in Hallandale, Florida
- House of Representatives: H.R. 564 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at 143.
- U.S. Senate: S.294 is the Senate companion bill to H.R. 564. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at 20.
- House Bill 1136: H.R. 1136 is the legislation to change the Grandfather Date for Deeming Tobacco products subject to FDA Regulation from February 15, 2017, to 21 days after enactment of the regulations. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at 91.
- Minnesota: A bi-partisan group of lawmakers is seeking to raise the age to purchase tobacco to 21.
- Gran Habano S.T.K. Black Dahlia by George Rico Robusto
- Alec Bradley Prensado Lost Art Gran Toro
- Davidoff – The Master Selection 2010
- Nick & Jim P.B.E. Toro
Agile Cigar Reviews
Cigar Coop Coffee Collection
Prime Time Show
This week for Episode 45, we welcomed Mo Maali of Patina Cigars as our special guest. In our Debonaire Ideal segment, we talked Chicago. In our Deliberation Segment, we discussed why the Habanos Festival could draw 200 international journalists.
Prime Time Show Schedule
Upcoming Schedule (Subject to Change)
Episode 46 (3/15/18): Steven Bailey, Cornelius & Anthony
No Show (3/22/18)
Episode 47 (3/29/18): Master Sensei, Cigar Dojo
Episode 48 (4/5/18): TBA
Episode 49 (4/12/18): One Year Anniversary Show with Avo Cigars – Live from Tampa, Florida
Episode 50 (4/19/18): TBA
No Show (4/26/18)
Episode 51 (5/3/18): Steve Saka, Dunbarton Tobacco & Trust
Episode 52 (5/10/18): TBA
Episode 53 (5/17/18): The Drew Estate Barn Smoker Pre Game Show w/ Jeff Borysiewicz – Live from Orlando, Florida
Prime Time Special Edition
Special Edition #25 (3/13/18): Luis Cuevas, Casa Cuevas Cigars
Special Edition #26 (3/27/18): MLB Baseball Preview
Special Edition #27 TBA
Special Edition #28 (4/17/18) TBA
Special Edition TBD (4/27/18): Christian Eiroa, CLE Cigar Company
On this date March 10th..
- March 10th, 2011: We previewed the Gran Habano #3
- March 10th, 2012: We assessed the Viaje Holiday Blend 2011
- March 10th, 2012: We previewed the Illusione – 2011 and 2012 Singulare and the Illusione Ultra
- March 10th, 2013: We assessed the Ortega Wild Bunch 2013 Island Jim WaHoo
- March 10th, 2014: We published a press release announcing the Cigar Media Association
- March 10th, 2014: We reported on the Epicurean Gonzo Santeria was on its way to Retailers
- March 10th, 2014: We reported on plans for the La Palina Collection Goldie Laguito Especial
- March 10th, 2014: We assessed the Federal Cigar 93rd Anniversary Reserve No. 2 by Oliva
- March 10th, 2014: We reported on the Tarazona Cigars Guerrilla 305
- March 10th, 2014: We reported on Cubanacan line extensions.
- March 10th, 2015: We reported on the initial release of Señor Andre’s Chicharrones by Viaje Cigars
- March 10th, 2015: We reported on the initial release of the Viaje Jalapeño
- March 10th, 2015: We reported on Espinosa Cigars adding four new lounges
- March 10th, 2015: We assessed the Screwpop Cigar Punch 2.0
- March 10th, 2015: We reported on the L’Atelier Côte d’Or
- March 10th, 2016: We assessed the Black Works Studio NBK
- March 10th, 2016: We reported on the My Father El Centurion H.2K.CT Box Pressed Torpedo TAA Exclusive
- March 10th, 2017: We reported on President Trump nominating Dr. Scott Gottlieb as FDA Commissioner
- March 10th, 2017: We assessed the Davidoff 702 Series 2000
- March 10th, 2017: We reported on Négociant Monopole moving into nationwide distribution
- March 10th, 2017: We reported on the new look and new sizes of the Quai D’Orsay brand that launched at the XIX Habano Festival