The Cigar Industry Report is a one-stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of the news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. In addition, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern Time.
Cigar Industry Report: Volume 7, Number 48 Edition 301 (10/27/18)
Feature of the Week: IPCPR Launches Cigaraction.org
IPCPR has launched its own grassroots campaign known as Cigaraction.org. The campaign is aimed at fighting the political battles the cigar industry has. We have the details here.
News and Previews
- Drew Estate: The Pappy Van Winkle Tradition is returning for 2018. The company also brought back its annual Liga Privada Unico Serie UF-4 release for Casa de Montecristo.
- Gran Habano: The Blue in Green heading to retailers
- Serino Cigar Company: The Serino Taino is scheduled for release in the next few weeks.
- Alec Bradley: The Alec Bradley Fine & Rare RS 10=(86) Second Issue is heading to stores.
- Fratello Cigars: The Fratello Navetta Inverso begins shipping Monday 10/29/18
- Viaje: The Viaje Friends and Family Bel Air and the Viaje Skull and Bones M?stery both are returning for 2018.
- House of Representatives: H.R. 564 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remained at 149.
- U.S. Senate: S.294 is the Senate companion bill to H.R. 564. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at 22.
- House Bill 1136: H.R. 1136 is the legislation to change the Grandfather Date for Deeming Tobacco products subject to FDA Regulation from February 15, 2017, to 21 days after enactment of the regulations. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at 94.
- Connecticut: The City of Hartford has raised the tobacco purchase age to 21.
Agile Cigar Reviews
Prime Time Show
On Episode 72, we welcome Alec and Bradley Rubin of Alec Bradley Cigars. Plus we talked Planes, Trains, and Automobiles in our Debonaire Ideal segment, and in our Deliberation Segment we discuss what’s going on with the launch of Cigaraction.org.
Prime Time Special Edition
No Show this Week
Episode 72 (10/25/18): Alec and Bradley Rubin, Alec Bradley Cigars
Episode 73 (11/1/18): Live from La Zona Palooza 2018
Episode 74 (11/8/18): The Media Panel Show
Prime Time Special Edition
Special Edition 42 (11/618): Enrique Seijas, Matilde Cigars
On this date October 27th
- October 27 2011: We previewed the Viaje Skull and Bones Mystery (Fall 2011 Skull and Bones Release)
- October 27, 2011: We previewed the Viaje Fifty Fifty Red and Viaje Fifty Fifty Black – 2011 Releases
- October 27 2012: We previewed the Viaje Skull and Bones M?stery 2012
- October 27, 2012: We assessed the Alec Bradley Connecticut
- October 27, 2013: We assessed the Lou Rodriguez La Mano Negra
- October 27, 2014: We assessed the Aging Room M20 ffortissimo by Boutique Blends Cigars
- October 27, 2015: We assessed the Macanudo Estate Reserve 2015 No. 9
- October 27, 2015: We reported on Blend Cigar Bar’s plans for a Nashville, Tennessee location
- October 27, 2016: We reported on José Blanco being named Senior Vice President at E.P. Carrillo
- October 27, 2016: We assessed the Nomad Martial Law Toro
- October 27, 2016: We reported on the return of the La Aroma de Cuba Noblesse and new Viceroy size.
- October 27, 2017: We did an Agile Cigar Review on the Padrón 1964 Anniversary Maduro Presidente
- October 27, 2017: We published Fabian Ziegler, Drew Estate