The Cigar Industry Report is a one-stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of the news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. In addition, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern Time.
Cigar Industry Report: Edition 398 (9/12/20)
Foundation Cigar Company Announces Charter Oak Habano
Nicholas Melillo has announced a third blend to Foundation Cigar Company’s Charter Oak line with the Charter Oak Habano We’ve got the details here.
Cigar Coop Battle of the Bands Sampler Pack
We are participating in a competition sponsored by Smoke Inn with other media brands to see who can build the best sampler pack. You can find out the details here and how to get the samplers.
Summer of ’20 Coverage
We will be replacing our normal IPCPR/PCA Pre-Game Coverage with “Summer of ’20 Coverage.” This will focus on the products many cigar companies plan to release this summer. The series will wrapper up next week followed by additional Spotlight reports.
Summer of ’20 Spotlights
This Week’s Coverage
- Lost & Found/Protocol Cigars: The two companies are teaming up for the Lost & Found ONE
- Oveja Negra Brands: Announced the details around the Black Label Trading Company Super Deluxe
- VegaFina: Announced the VegaFina Nicaragua Puro Origen Announced
- United Cigars: Annnounced plans to open an Atabey Lounge in Texas.
- ITSHub: Plans to replace InterTabac 2020 with a hybrid trade show have been cancelled.
- U.S. Senate: S.9 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at 15.
- U.S. House of Representatives: H.R.1854 is the House Companion Bill to S.9. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains 85.
Agile Cigar Reviews
Features and Blog
Prime Time Podcasts
Prime Time Show
Prime Time Special Edition
Prime Time Jukebox
9/15: Prime Time Special Edition 84: Sakaology and the STFU! Final Exam
9/17: Prime Time Episode 156: Santana Diaz, Pure Aroma Cigars
On This Date…
On this date Sept 12…
- Sept 12, 2011: We assessed the Rocky Patel Vintage 2003 Cameroon.
- Sept 12,2012: We did an Assessment Update on the Rocky Patel Vintage 2003 Cameroon
- Sept 12,2013: We assessed the Room 101 Serie HN (Honduras)
- Sept 12, 2013: We previewed Crowned Heads Headley Grange Drumstick
- Sept 12, 2013: We looked at the Alec Bradley Royal Monkey Society Cigar Club
- Sept 12, 2014: On the day after the General Cigar Company acquisition of Torano, we did a feature story called “Torano – What’s Next?“
- Sept 12, 2014: We did an Assessment Update on the Room 101 Serie HN (Honduras)
- Sept 12, 2015: We published the Cigar Industry Report: Volume 4, Number 42 (9/12/15)
- Sept 12, 2015: We reported on a name change involving the L’Atelier LAT SEC
- Sept 12, 2016: We reported on the Espinosa Alpha Dawg and Pier 28 Habano heading for widespread distribution
- Sept 12, 2016: We assessed the Entrada 1st Edition Corona
- Sept 12, 2016: We reported on the Guayacan Rojas Reserve Connecticut
- Sept 12, 2016: We reported on the Gurkha Blendmaster’s Cask
- Sept 12, 2016: We reported on General Cigar’s “House Blend”.
- Sept 12, 2017: We assessed the Diamond Crown Black Diamond Emerald by J.C. Newman Cigar Co.
- Sept 12, 2018: We reported on C.L.E. Cigar Company bringing back the Wynwood Brand
- Sept 12, 2018: We did an Agile Cigar Review on the Saga Short Tales Tomo I – Tales of High Priming by De Los Reyes Cigars
- Sept 12, 2018: We reported on the Provdencia Cigars releasing “The Hostage”
- Sept 12, 2018: We published Prime Time Special Edition #39: Dr. Gaby Kafie, Kafie 1901 Cigars
- Sept 12, 2019: We assessed the Sin Compromiso Selección No. 7 by Dunbarton Tobacco & Trust
- Sept 12, 2019: We reported on Fratello Cigars’ new Director of Operations.