The Cigar Industry Report is a one-stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of the news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. In addition, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern Time.
Cigar Industry Report: Edition 481 (4/16/22)
CRA Creates Firestorm with Social Media Posts
Earlier this week, the Cigar Rights of America found itself with some controversy when a meme was posted to the organization’s Facebook page. While many questioned the appropriateness of the meme, Will Cooper believes it exposed that the organization needs to develop a cohesive social media strategy. We’ve got the details here.
- Drew Estate: Has announced its third Freestyle Live Pre-Release cigar.
- Quesada Cigars: Announced the Manolo Quesada 75th Anniversary cigar
- United Cigars: Has begun shipping Byron commemorative humidors for CDM Chicago’s 25th Anniversary.
- AJ Fernandez Cigars: The company is releasing the New World Oscuro Short Churchill TPS Exclusive for The Party Source.
- General Cigar Company: Announced the CAO Borealis, a cigar for the Canadian market with Canadian tobacco in the blend.
- Habanos SA: We covered details of the H. Upmann Magnum 52, Año del Tigre
- None this week
- House of Representatives: HR 3982 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week no new co-sponsors signed on. The total number of sponsors remains at 59.
- U.S. Senate: S.438 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at nine.
Agile Cigar Reviews
- Alec Bradley Magic Toast Box Pressed Gran Toro (2021 PCA Exclusive)
- Esteban Carreras Chupa Cabra 10 Year Anniversary Robusto Grande
The Smoking Syndicate
- The Smoking Syndicate Roundtable #5 – EIROA PCA Exclusive 11/18
- The Smoking Syndicate – Drew Estate 20 Acre Farm Robusto
Features and Blog
- No Feature Stories Published this week
- The Blog: Gran Habano Introduces Ryan Bathurst as Northeast Territory Manager
- The Blog: KMA Talk Radio Episode 453 – George Rico, Gran Habano Cigars
Prime Time Podcasts
Prime Time Show
- No Show This Week
Prime Time Special Edition
- No Show This Week
Prime Time Jukebox
4/11: Prime Time Jukebox Episode 69: Rolling Stone Top 500 Songs Part 6: 250 to 201
4/26: Prime Time Special Edition 119: Nick Perdomo, Perdomo Cigars
4/27 Prime Time Episode 225: TBA (Special Weds Show)
On This Date…
On this date April 16th…
- Apr 16, 2011: We assessed the E.P. Carrillo Core Line
- Apr 16, 2012: We previewed the Romeo by Romeo y Julieta by Altadis USA
- Apr 16, 2013: We re-published a press release on the “Nat Sherman Terraces Cut and Cork Package”
- Apr 16, 2013: We assessed the Sosa Underground.
- Apr 16, 2014: We previewed the CAO Flathead Sparkplug.
- Apr 16, 2014: We took a look at La Sirena Cigars’ plans for 2014.
- Apr 16, 2014: We previewed the Room101 Daruma Gold.
- Apr 16, 2014: We reported on the release of the Viaje Trifecta.
- Apr 16, 2014: We reported on Alliance Cigars’ distributing Reinado Cigars.
- Apr 16, 2015: We reported on Caldwell Cigar Company adding four new sizes to the Caldwell Collection.
- Apr 16, 2015: We reported on theTatuaje TAA 2015.
- Apr 16, 2015: We reported on the TAA Exclusive Padron Serie 1926 No. 47.
- Apr 16, 2016: We published Cigar Industry Report: Volume 5, Number 21 (4/16/16)
- Apr 16, 2017: We assessed the Alpha Absinthe Infused Claro Robusto
- Apr 16, 2018: We reported on the Viaje Craft Series Bales on Bales
- Apr 16, 2018: We assessed The Oscar Maduro Toro
- Apr 16, 2018: We reported on the Viaje Petite Lanceros
- Apr 16, 2018: We reported on the Falto LJF Reserva de Fundador
- Apr 16, 2018: We reported on the Cigar News: Espinosa Wasabi shipping to Retailers
- Apr 16, 2018: We reported on Illusione Haut 10 line extensions
- Apr 16, 2018: We reported on the Tatuaje TAA 50th
- Apr 16, 2019: We did an Agile Cigar Review on the CAO Zócalo
- Apr 16, 2020: We reported on PCA establishing guidelines for retailers who requested an Essential Business Waiver During COVID-19 Crisis
- Apr 16, 2020: We reported on the My Father The Judge TAA Exclusive
- Apr 16, 2021: We reported on Jessi Flores joining Mombacho Cigars SA as Creative Director
- Apr 16, 2021: We reported on TPE 21 becoming the first convention at Las Vegas Convention Center following reopening