The Cigar Industry Report is a one stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop and Stogie Geeks. It is a combination of our news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. We will also recap what happened on our Stogie Geeks show. Finally, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern time.
Cigar Industry Report: Volume 4, Number 38 (Edition 135 8/15/15)
Feature of the Week: Cigar Coop Turns Five Years Old
Today, August 15th marks the five year anniversary of Cigar Coop. We recapped this milestone as well as several other milestones in this month’s Editor’s Corner. It’s been an on-going learning process during this five years. Our first article wasn’t even cigar related, but it inspired everything that would follow. We’ve come a long way from this article, but check out “Tales from the IPCPR in New Orleans Part 1: Worth it for an Iced Coffee?”
Very simply, this milestone is to thank you – our readers of Cigar Coop and our audience on Stogie Geeks for your support.
News and Previews from the 2015 IPCPR Trade Show
We are entering the home stretch of our recaps from the 2015 IPCPR Trade Show. Be sure to check out our 2015 IPCPR Digest for all of our pre-game, show floor, and post-game reports.
- Asylum Cigars: We took a closer look a the company’s small batch Asylum 33 line.
- CAO: We took a look at the CAO Steel Horse – which was officially launched at the 2015 IPCPR Trade Show.
- Cornelius & Anthony: The company officially launched the Meridian at the 2015 IPCPR Trade Show.
- Dunhill: The new limited edition Dunhill Signed Range Seleccion Suprema was officially showcased at the Trade Show.
- E.P. Carrillo: We took a look at line extensions to E.P. Carrillo New Wave Reserva and E.P. Carrillo Cabinet that were unveiled at the 2015 IPCPR Trade Show.
- East India Trading Company: The brand under Gurkha Cigar Group launched its new East India Trading Company Classic Cigar Havana Blend Lancero at the Trade Show.
- Felipe Gregorio: The company launched its 2015 version of the Felipe Gregorio Art of Power.
- Illusione: Dion Giolito’s company showcased the new Illusione Singulare EL 2015 Miserere – a cigar planned for later this year.
- Kuuts: We took a look at the long-awaited Kuuts Miro Capa Negra – a cigar showcased at the 2015 IPCPR Trade Show. We also took a look at the value priced Placeres Serie Roja line.
- La Aurora: The company made available its La Aurora Puro Vintage 2006 111 Aniversario Master Case at the 2015 IPCPR Trade Show.
- LUJ Cigars: We took a closer look at the company’s new offerings launched at the 2015 IPCPR.
- Patoro: The Swiss-based company by CLE Cigars launched its Patoro Gran Anejo Reserva Launched and showcased its European Patoro Brasil at the 2015 IPCPR Trade Show.
- Romeo y Julieta: Altadis USA unveiled the new Romeo y Julieta Reserva Real Gran Churchill – a line extension to the Romeo y Julieta Real line.
- Tobacconist University: The company unveiled its second release for its Certified Retail Tobacconist shops – the R&D Cigar PA/CT Broadleaf Serie 2.
- Ezra Zion Cigar Company: The Texas based company announced availability of its second blend dedicated to the Christian-based cigar ministry, the Blessed Leaf 1611.
- J. Fuego Cigar Company: The company has created VUDU – a shop exclusive line for Famous Cigar.
- Senate Bill S. 441: S. 441 is the Senate Bill to gain an exemption from the FDA on premium cigars. This week, no new co-sponsors signed on. The total sponsor remains at 17.
- House Bill HR 662: H.R. 662 is House Bill to gain an exemption from the FDA on premium cigars. This week, no new co-sponsors signed on. The total number of sponsor remains at 132.
- House Bill 2058: H.R. 2058 is the House Bill to change the effective date for cigars subject to FDA regulation from 2007 to 21 months following any proposed regulations are put into effect. TThis week, no new co-sponsors signed on. The total number of sponsors remains at 27.
This week we welcomed Emma Viktorssen from Las Cumbres Tabaco. Our Debonaire Ideal talked about Las Vegas (Video Coming Soon). Finally our Stogies of the Week (Video Coming Soon) included:
- A.J Fernandez Enclave Robusto
- La Bohème Encantador Regio by Boutique Blends Cigars (Pre-Release)
- Caldwell The Last Tsar
- Davidoff Escurio Gran Toro
- Davidoff Maduro R
- Hoyo De Monterrey Epicure Especial
- La Aroma de Cuba Noblesse (2014)
- My Father El Centurion H.2K.CT Corona
- Opus X ForbiddenX Cigar in a Bottle
- Padron Damaso No.15
- Tatuaje – The W (Pre-Release)
On this date August 15th…
- August 15th 2010: It was the article that started it all – and it wasn’t even related to cigars. Our first article, “Tales from the IPCPR in New Orleans Part 1: Worth it for an Iced Coffee?“
- August 15th 2011: We previewed the Diamondback by Altadis.
- August 15th 2011: We posted a link to a video”An Open Message To Congress – Save America’s Historic Premium Cigar Industry From The FDA“
- August 15th 2012: We previewed the Montecristo Texas Titan Edition.
- August 15th 2012: We published our Cigar Conversation with Matt Booth.
- August 15th 2013: We previewed the E.P. Carrillo New Wave Connecticut (NWC) Selectos de Oro
- August 15th 2013: We assessed the Ortega Wild Bunch 2013 Wild Bill “Cheroot”
- August 15th 2013: We previewed the Illusione Cruzado Marelas Supremas
- August 15th 2014: We previewed the Foundry Worm Hole
- August 15th 2014: We took a look at Edgar Hoill Cigars’ OSOK releases from the 2014 IPCPR.