The Cigar Industry Report is a one-stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of the news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. In addition, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern Time.
Cigar Industry Report: Edition 408 (11/21/20)
CLE 25th Anniversary Cigar Coming
2020 saw Christian Eiroa celebrate a quarter century in the cigar business – and his company CLE Cigar Company has a cigar to commemorate the occasion. We’ve got the details here.
- Daniel Marshall: The company is teaming up with Corona Cigar Company to release an exclusive product for the retailer called the Limited Edition FSG Tobacco Stake Humidor.
- Viaje: The company is bringing back the Stuffed Turkey and Farmer Bill Hatchet Return for Thanksgiving.
- Whiff Out: The company announced Reed Diffuser and Wax Melt products.
- Nicaraguan Chamber of Tobacco: The organization reported minimal damage from Hurricane Eta, but Hurricane Iota made a more direct hit on the tobacco growing region.
- U.S. Senate: S.9 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at 15.
- U.S. House of Representatives: H.R.1854 is the House Companion Bill to S.9. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains 85.
- Montecristo Espada Oscuro Guard by Altadis USA
- Gurkha Treinta Toro
- Stallone Negro Maduro Toro
- Viaje Skull & Bones Daisy Cutter 2020
Features and Blog
- The Blog: Espinosa Bracketology
- The Blog: KMA Talk Radio Episode 398 – Erik Espinosa and Glynn Loope
- The Blog: Most Frequently Asked Questions – Arthur Kemper Interviews Nick Perdomo
Prime Time Podcasts
Prime Time Show
Prime Time Special Edition
- No Show This Week
Prime Time Jukebox
11/30 Prime Time Jukebox Episode 24: Prime Time Jukebox One Year Anniversary
12/3 Prime Time Episode 166: Michael Herklots
12/7 Prime Time Jukebox Episode 25: The Christmas Music 2020 Episode
12/8: Prime Time Special Edition 89: The Unauthorized CA Top 25 Show
On This Date…
On this date November 21…
- Nov 21, 2010: We published a gift buying guide.
- Nov 21, 2012: We assessed the Anoranzas by Miami Cigar and Company
- Nov 21, 2013: We assessed the Nomad S-307.
- Nov 21, 2014: We reported on the Undercrown ShadyXV Cigar release.
- Nov 21, 2014: We reported on Davidoff Year of the Sheep Accessories
- Nov 21, 2014: We did an Assessment Update on the El Mayimbe Robusto by A.J. Fernandez Cigars
- Nov 21, 2015: We published Cigar Industry Report: Volume 4, Number 52 (11/21/15)
- Nov 21, 2016: We assessed the Foundry Time Flies 550
- Nov 21, 2017: We assessed the La Galera 80th Anniversary Box Pressed Limited Edition El Lector by IndianHead Cigars
- Nov 21, 2018: We did an Agile Cigar Review on the AVO 22 (30th Anniversary)
- Nov 21, 2018: We reported on the release of the 1502 XO Perfecto
- Nov 21, 2019: We assessed the E.P. Carrillo Cardinal Impact Maduro No. 52
- Nov 21, 2019: We reported on the Drew Estate Pappy Van Winkle Family Reserve Flying Pig