The Cigar Industry Report is a one-stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of the news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. In addition, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern Time.
Cigar Industry Report: Volume 7, Number 45 Edition 298 (10/6/18)
Feature of the Week: Tatuaje Unlucky 13 Retailers Announced
Tatuaje Cigars owner Pete Johnson announced on social media the list of the thirteen “Unlucky Retailers” who were chosen to receive custom dress boxes of the eleventh installment of his annual Monsters Series – The Bride.. We got the details here.
News and Previews
- Drew Estate: The ACID Cartel Subculture is returning as a shop exclusive to JML Wholesale.
- Davidoff: The company announced the Davidoff Florida Selection 2018
- Emilio: The Emilio Grimalkin Halloween Edition is heading to retailers.
- Rocky Patel Premium Cigars: The Hamlet 25th Salomon is set to hit retail shelves later this month.
- Tobacco Media Group: Announced Dawn Conger will be joining the Tobacco Plus Expo (TPE) Team.
- House of Representatives: H.R. 564 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remained at 149.
- U.S. Senate: S.294 is the Senate companion bill to H.R. 564. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at 22.
- House Bill 1136: H.R. 1136 is the legislation to change the Grandfather Date for Deeming Tobacco products subject to FDA Regulation from February 15, 2017, to 21 days after enactment of the regulations. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at 94.
- Cornelius & Anthony – The Mistress Robusto
- Camacho Coyolar Super Toro (2018)
- Mombacho Cosecha 2013
- My Father La Gran Oferta Toro
Agile Cigar Reviews
This month’s editorial was titled ” In Regards to Inter-Tabac”
Prime Time Show
On Episode 69, we welcomed back Scott Kolesaire of Davidoff of Geneva to Prime Time. We talked all things Camacho Cigars and were joined by Chef David Rose and Sommelier Tom Fischer.
Prime Time Special Edition
For Special Edition 40, we did our 2018 Major League Baseball Post Season Edition.
Episode 71 (10/11/18): Brady Hayek, Jeremy Jack Cigars
Episode 72 (10/18/18): To Be Announced
Episode 73 (10/25/18): To Be Announced
Episode 74 (11/1/18): Live from La Zona Palooza 2018
Prime Time Special Edition
Special Edition 41 (10/9/18): Monsters Series/Arsenio Ramos
Special Edition 42 (10/23/18): Enrique Seijas, Matilde Cigars
On this date October 6th
- October 6, 2010: We assessed the Gurkha Ninja Knife
- October 6, 2012: We assessed the CNestor Miranda Grand Reserve 2012
- October 6, 2013: We assessed the Paul Garmirian Symphony 20 Limited Edition Salomones
- October 6, 2013: We reported on 1502 Black Gold Corona.
- October 6, 2014: We assessed the Balmoral Royal Selection Añejo 18 Rothschild Masivo by Royal Agio Cigars
- October 6, 2014: We reported Miguel Schoedel being named National Sales Manager for Roberto P. Duran Premium Cigars
- October 6, 2015: We assessed the Kristoff Classic Reserva Toro
- October 6, 2016: We reported on the Lucious Lyon Limited Edition Line that was inspired by Hit TV Series Empire
- October 6, 2016: We assessed the Tatuaje Skinny Mummy
- October 6, 2017: We reported on the Gurkha 10th Anniversary 15 Year Cellar Reserve getting ready to hit stores
- October 6, 2017: We did an Agile Cigar Review on the Rocky Patel Fifty Toro (2017)
- October 6, 2017: We reported on the Camacho Diploma being relaunched
- October 6, 2017: We published Prime Time Episode 24: Enrique Seijas, Matilde Cigars