The Cigar Industry Report is a one-stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of the news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. In addition, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern Time.
Cigar Industry Report: Edition 382 (5/23/20)
Feature of the Week: Crowned Heads Announces Mule Kick Limited Edition 2020
This week Crowned Heads Cigars has announced its Four Kicks Mule Kick Limited Edition 2020. We’ve got the details here.
News and Previews
- Drew Estate: The company has cancelled its Barn Smoker events for 2020.
- Island Lifestyle Importers: The company announced it has revamped packaging for its Aged Reserve Line
- Micallef Cigars: The company has announced it is launching its Phoenix Program designed to offer a flexible buying program to retailers
- Nicaragua: The U.S Embassy in Nicaragua has issued a COVID-19 Health Alert
- Viaje: The company has released Zombie Farmhand Andre and Viaje Birthday Blend 2020.
- U.S. Senate: S.9 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at 15.
- U.S. House of Representatives: H.R.1854 is the House Companion Bill to S.9. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains 85.
- La Unica No. 400 Natural by J.C. Newman Cigar Company
- Punch Knuckle Buster Habano Toro
- RoMa Craft Tobac Neanderthal LH
- Tatuaje – The Chuck
Agile Cigar Reviews
- The Blog: Why You Should Never Remove the Cigar Band with Nick Perdomo
- The Blog: With PCA 2020 Cancelled, What Will Cigar Coop Do Now?
- The Blog: Will Cooper Guests on JR Cigars Virtual Herf
- The Blog: Will Cooper Guests on the Cigar Talk Podcast
- The Blog: Cajun Cigar Czar Closing The Gap Between Manufacturer and Consumer Through New and Innovative Distribution Channels
Prime Time Show
Prime Time Special Edition
Prime Time Jukebox
- No Show This Week
5/26 Prime Time Episode 140: Eduardo Fernandez and Terence Reilly
6.2 Prime Time Special Edition 77: Phil Zanghi, Debonaire House
On this date May 9
- May 23, 2012: We assessed the Sosa Family Selection Maduro
- May 23, 2013: We reported on the Rocky Patel Decade Edicion Limitada returning for 2013
- May 23, 2013: We re-posted a press release on the announcement of the Nat Sherman 1930
- May 23, 2013: We re-posted a press release on the announcement of S&S Cigar Company
- May 23, 2013: We did a Feature Story on Broadleaf Tobacco from a Historical Perspective
- May 23, 2014: We reported that the 262 Allegiance had shipped.
- May 23, 2014: We did an Assessment Update on the Tatuaje Mini Mum (Part of the Little Monsters Series)
- May 23, 2015: We published Cigar Industry Report: Volume 4, Number 26 (5/23/15)
- May 23, 2016: We assessed Ernesto’s Humidor No. 1 Edición Colorado 2015 by E.P. Carrillo
- May 23, 2017: We assessed the David P. Ehrlich Tremont Toro by MLB Cigar Ventures
- May 23, 2017: We reported on the Davidoff Art Edition 2017 Unveiled
- May 23, 2018: We reported on the Daniel Marshall “DM Cash for Clunkers” Program
- May 23, 2018: We assessed the La Aurora ADN Dominicano Toro
- May 23, 2019: We reported on the HVC First Selection Broadleaf going regular production
- May 23, 2019: We reported on the My Father La Promesa
- May 23, 2019: We reported on the Southern Draw Fraternal Order