The Cigar Industry Report is a one-stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of the news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. In addition, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern Time.
Cigar Industry Report: Edition 383 (5/30/20)
Feature of the Week: InterTabac 2020 Cancelled
InterTabac 2020, the world’s largest tobacco show, has been cancelled. InterTabac was scheduled to take place from September 18-20 at the Dortmund Exhibition Centre in Dortmund, Germany. It is the latest major cigar event to be cancelled due to COVID-19. We got the details here.
News and Previews
- Drew Estate: The company has started announcing its summer releases. This week the ACID Loud and ACID Seven Wonders Samplers were announced. In addition Drew Estate announced a virtual Launch Series for Year of the Rat.
- Cavalier Genève Cigars: The company has announced distribution for the Norwegian market.
- Joya de Nicaragua: The company has announced the Joya de NicaraguaNumero Uno Le Premier line extension.
- JSK Cigars: The company has added its Nuggs line to its Australian distribution.
- Plasencia Cigars: The company announced a new box design for Alma Fuerte as well as it will now add cellophane to all of its offerings.
- RoMa Craft Tobac: Ten select retailers will receive the CRAFT 2020
- U.S. Senate: S.9 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at 15.
- U.S. House of Representatives: H.R.1854 is the House Companion Bill to S.9. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains 85.
- Aladino Corojo Reserva No. 4 by JRE Tobacco Co.
- H. Upmann Herman’s Batch Toro
- Saga Solaz Churchill by De Los Reyes Cigars
- Crowned Heads Four Kicks Mule Kick Limited Edition 2019
Prime Time Show
Prime Time Special Edition
- No Show This Week
Prime Time Jukebox
- No Show This Week
5/26 Prime Time Episode 141: Laurel Tilley, General Cigar Company
6.2 Prime Time Special Edition 77: Phil Zanghi, Debonaire House
6/8 Prime Time Jukebox Episode 11: The Live Aid and Live 8 “35 and 15” Show
On this date May 30
- May 30, 2011: We assessed the Avo Limited Edition 2008 (LE 08) Tesoro
- May 30, 2012: We looked at Emilio Cigars Plans for 2012 and 2013.
- May 30, 2012: We re-posted a press release on the announcement of the J. Grotto Silk.
- May 30, 2013: We took at first look at the Aging Room Small Batch M21 ffortissimo.
- May 30,2013: We assessed Mike Ditka Kickoff Series – The Player by Camacho Cigars
- May 30, 2014: We reported on the announcement of the Alec Bradley Texas Lancero.
- May 30, 2014: We reported on Warped Cigars announcement of the I Cigar Case Collection
- May 30, 2014: We did an Assessment Update on the Tatuaje Wolfie (Part of the Little Monsters Series)
- May 30, 2014: We reported on the Viaje Skull and Bones Cloudmaker.
- May 30, 2015: We published Cigar Industry Report: Volume 4, Number 27 (5/30/15)
- May 30, 2016: We assessed the Espinosa Cream City MKE
- May 30, 2016: We reported on Altria filing a lawsuit against FDA over the use of “Mild” on Tobacco Brands
- May 30, 2017: We assessed the Caldwell Anastasia Opera
- May 30, 2017: We reported on the Cornelius & Anthony Aerial
- May 30, 2018: We assessed the Romeo San Andrés by Romeo y Julieta Toro
- May 30, 2019: We reported on the Joya de Nicaragua Announces Cuatro Cinco Belicoso Exclusivo Eventos
- May 30, 2019: We assessed the Jas Sum Kral Nuggs Habano (Short Robusto)
- May 30, 2019: We reported on the Espinosa Wasabi Corona