The Cigar Industry Report is a one-stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of the news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. In addition, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern Time.
Cigar Industry Report: Edition 459 (11/13/21)
President Biden Nominates Dr. Robert Califf as FDA Commissioner
President Joe Biden has announced he has nominated Dr. Robert Califf to return as U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Commissioner.. We’ve got the details here.
- Aganorsa Leaf: The company has announced the Guardian of the Farm Cerberus
- Drew Estate: The company announced the FSG 20 Acre Farm.
- The Cigar Culture: The group has teamed up with Blackbird Cigar Company to release the Hawk.
- Crowned Heads: Announced the Mil Días Mágicos Edición Limitada 2021
- Ferio Tego: Announced the return of Timeless Panamericana and Timeless Supreme.
- Oliva Cigar Company: The company is releasing the Oliva Serie V Melanio 4 x 60
- Oveja Negra Brands: The Black Work Studio Hive is heading to retailers.
- Stallone Cigars: The company has released the limited edition Clydesdale.
- Viaje Cigars: The company has released the Mrs Hatchet and has brought back the Zombie Farmer Bill Hatchet.
- Warped Cigars: The company has released El Oso Blanco.
- Smoke Inn: Details around The Great Smoke 2022 were announced.
- Southern Draw: The company has announced a price increase for 2022.
- House of Representatives: HR 3982 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week two new co-sponsors Mario Diaz-Balart [R-FL] and Nicole Malliotakis [R-NY] signed on as co-sponsors.. The total number of sponsors is now 52.
- U.S. Senate: S.438 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at nine.
Agile Cigar Reviews
The Smoking Syndicate
Features and Blog
- None this week
- The Blog: KMA Talk Radio Episode 437: Michael Herklots, Ferio Tego
- The Blog: Will Cooper Guests on October 22nd Edition of Smoke Night Live
Prime Time Podcasts
Prime Time Show
Prime Time Special Edition
Prime Time Jukebox
11/8: Prime Time Jukebox Episode 56: Christmas and Holiday Music – 2021 Edition
11/17: The Smoking Syndicate – Quesada Corner: Casa Magna
11/18: Prime Time Episode 210 Gerard Abajian, Jake Wyatt Cigar Company
TBA: Prime Time Special Edition 111: TBD
On This Date…
On this date November 13th…
- Nov 13, 2011: We previewed the Rocky Patel Winter Collection 2012
- Nov 13, 2011: We assessed the Illusione mj12 Maduro
- Nov 13, 2012: We assessed the Rocky Patel Edge Habano
- Nov 13, 2013: We reported on the My Father El Centurion Toria Limited Edition
- Nov 13, 2013: We assessed the Surrogates Animal Cracker by L’Atelier Imports
- Nov 13, 2014: We did an Assessment Update on the Nestor Miranda Collection Connecticut Robusto
- Nov 13, 2015: We reported on the Illusione Singulare’ EL 2014 Annunaki
- Nov 13, 2015: We did an Agile Cigar Review on the Matilde Renacer Lancero
- Nov 13, 2016: We reported on PDR Cigars USA adding two regional sales managers and a new inside sales rep.
- Nov 13, 2016: We assessed the Imperia Islero Pita by MLB Cigar Ventures
- Nov 13, 2017: We assessed the The Wise Man (El Güegüense) Maduro Robusto by Foundation Cigar Company
- Nov 13, 2017: We reported on the Isabela Stardust
- Nov 13, 2017: We reported on Alex Azar being nominated for Secretary of Health and Human Services.
- Nov 13, 2018: We assessed the Saga Short Tales Tomo VI: The Sixth Element: El Tabaco by De Los Reyes Cigars
- Nov 13, 2018: We reported on Quesada Cigars completing the revamping of the Fonseca brand
- Nov 13, 2018: We reported on the Black Works Studio Killer Bee Connecticut
- Nov 13, 2019: We reported on a Comprehensive Anti Tobacco Bill passing the House Subcommittee
- Nov 13, 2019: We reported on the Alec Bradley Fine & Rare HOF / 506 arriving at stores
- Nov 13, 2019: We reported on Miami Cigar & Company commencing shipping of the Don Lino Africa
- Nov 13, 2019: We reported on the JSK Tyrannical Buc Habano will Limited Store Exclusive
- Nov 13, 2020: We reported on AJ Fernandez taking the New World Redondo into Regular Production
- Nov 13, 2020: We reported on tGlynn Loope joining PCA as Advisor