The Cigar Industry Report is a one-stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of the news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. In addition, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern Time.
Cigar Industry Report: Edition 539 (5/27/23)
Micallef Cigars to Introduce Micallef Black
Micallef Cigars has announced the Micallef Black. It’s the company’s first new blend since the release of the Micallef A in 2020. We’ve got the details here.
- Quesada cigars: Announced the Cigar News: Casa Magna XV Anniversary will launch at PCA 2023
- Crowned Heads: Announced Las Calaveras EL 2023
- E.P. Carrillo: Announced the E.P. Carrillo Pledge of Allegiance Limited Edition
- Forged Cigar Company: Announced the Bolivar Gran Republica
- Lampert Cigars: Released new packaging for the El Gringo
- Santana Cigars: Announced the launch of the 1997 Series
- Stallone Cigars: Announced the Mustang will make its debut at PCA 2023
- Tabacalera SLU: Announced the VegaFina Fortaleza 2 Reposado 10 Años
- Boutique Cigar Association: Announced participating companies at its Pavilion exhibition area at the 2023 Premium Cigar Association (PCA) Trade Show
- Casa 1910: Announced distribution in Switzerland
- El Septimo Geneva: Announced its latest branded lounge in Las Vegas
- Scandinavian Tobacco Group: Announced it has integrated members of the Alec Bradley Field Sales Team into General and Forged Sales Organizations
Agile Cigar Reviews
The Smoking Syndicate
Features and Blog
- None this Week
- None this Week
Prime Time Podcasts
Prime Time Show
Prime Time Special Edition
- None this Week
Prime Time Jukebox
6/1: Prime Time Episode 270: Juan Lugo & Garret Robinson, Don Doroteo Cigars
6/20 Prime Time Special Edition 142: Rafael Nodal, Tabacalera USA
On This Date…
On this date May 27:
- May 27, 2011: We re-posted a press release announcing that Graycliff Cigars maning Torano Family Cigar Company as its official USA distributor.
- May 27, 2011: We assessed the Emilio Grimalkin.
- May 27, 2012: We previewed the Liga Privada Unico Serie Papas Fritas by Drew Estate.
- May 27, 2013: We assessed the Viaje White Label Project (WLP) Super Shot 12 Gauge (2012)
- May 27, 2014: We reported on the return of the Viaje Skull and Bones FOAB and MOAB for 2014.
- May 27, 2014: We assessed the Debonaire First Degree.
- May 27, 2014: We reported on expansion of the Cohiba Comador line.
- May 27, 2015: We printed a third installment of the Southern Cigar Festival Manufacturer and Brand Owner Guide.
- May 27, 2016: We reported on the Flor del Valle Sky Flower Corona Cigar Exclusive release.
- May 27, 2016: We printed a statement from the CAA, CRA, and IPCPR pledging a unified response to FDA Regulations.
- May 27, 2016: We reported on Kafie 1901 Cigars becoming the distributor of Tabacos San Jeronimo.
- May 27, 2016: We reported on the return of three cigars by Viaje.
- May 27, 2017: We published Cigar Industry Report: Volume 6, Number 27 (5/27/17)
- May 27, 2018: We assessed the Macanudo Inspirado White Robusto
- May 27, 2019: We reported on Protocol Jane Doe
- May 27, 2019: We did an Agile Cigar Review on the Crux Epicure Short Salomone
- May 27, 2019: We reported on the first three releases of Southern Draw Cigars’ Ignite Series
- May 27, 2020: We published The Decade List – The Impact Lines
- May 27, 2021: We reported on Crowned Heads’ Four Kicks Capa Especial Águilas LE 2021
- May 27, 2021: We reported on Diplomático by Mombacho moving to 20-Count Boxes
- May 27, 2021: We reported on United Cigars releasing Byron Vintage Humidors
- May 27, 2021: We reported on the 601 Black by Espinosa Cigars
- May 27, 2022: We reported on the FDA naming Dr. Brian A. King Center for Tobacco Products Director
- May 27, 2021: We reported on the return of the Nestor Miranda Special Selection Connecticut
- May 27, 2021: We reported on Favilli Cigars’ Granada Line