The Cigar Industry Report is a one-stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of the news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. In addition, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern Time.
Cigar Industry Report: Edition 354 (11/9/19)
Feature of the Week: General Cigar and Espinosa Cigars Team Up for Warzone
General Cigar Company and Espinosa Cigars have announced a joint project known as Warzone. It’s a Cameroon wrapped cigar that is produced at Espinosa’s La Zona factory, and its a new brand that will be distributed by General Cigar. We’ve got the details here.
Feature of the Week: Imperial Brands Announces New Chairman and Reports Earnings
Imperial Brands PLC today has announced that Thérèse Esperdy, currently the company’s Senior Independent Director, will succeed Mark Williamson as Chairman, effective January 1, 2020. The announcement came concurrently as Imperial Brands announced its earnings would fall below expectations. We’ve got the details here.
News and Previews
- Drew Estate: The company announced the return of the Herrera Esteli Norteño Edicion Limitada Churchill
- Altadis U.S.A: The company announced the H. Upmann Herman’s Batch
- Espinosa Cigars: The company has created the Fair Warning cigar for Caravan Cigar Company
- JSK Cigars: The company announced it will release a tobacco product known as JSK Fronto
- Oliva: We reported on the shipping of the Oliva Serie V Melanio Maduro Gran Reserva Limitada Figurado Ships
- Patina Cigars: The company announced its Precipitation line extension and announced a factory change
- Ventura Cigar Company: The company acknowledged Recent Layoffs and Reaffirms Market Position
- U.S. Senate: S.9 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at 15.
- U.S. House of Representatives: H.R.1854 is the House Companion Bill to S.9. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at 81.
- Florida: A new bill has been introduced to raise to tobacco purchase age to 21.
- Perdomo Double Aged 12-Year Vintage Maduro Churchill
- Esteban Carreras Unforgiven Toro Grande
- Montecristo Línea 1935 Maltés
Agile Cigar Reviews
Prime Time Show
For Episode 116 we broadcasted “Live from La Zona Palooza 2019”
Prime Time Special Edition
Episode 117 (11/14/19): All-Star Media Panel #8
Prime Time Special Edition
Special Edition 62 (11/12/19): The Baseball Show
On this date Nov 9th
- Nov 9, 2010: We covered the news of Tim Ozgener departing CAO.
- Nov 9, 2012: We previewed the launch of the Ortega Wild Bunch.
- Nov 9, 2012: We assessed the La Gloria Cubana Trunk Show Twenty Twelve Liga YG-23.
- Nov 9, 2013: Cigar Week Wrap: Volume 2, Number 43 (11/9/13)
- Nov 9, 2013: We reported on the 601 La Bomba Bunker Buster
- Nov 9, 2014: We assessed the Hammer + Sickle Berlin Wall Series Celebration Short Corona
- Nov 9, 2015: We reported on the Sindicato Maduro Corona Gorda
- Nov 9, 2015: We assessed the Davidoff Year of the Monkey Limited Edition 2016
- Nov 9, 2016: We reported on Foundation Cigar Company releasing the El Güegüense Lancero
- Nov 9, 2016: We reported on Donald Trump’s Victory and the Cuban Embargo
- Nov 9, 2016: We assessed the E.P. Carrillo Short Run 2016
- Nov 9, 2017: We assessed the My Father La Opulencia Toro
- Nov 9, 2017: We reported on the release of the Colibri Allure.
- Nov 9, 2017: We reported on the FDA extending the Ingredient List Submission Deadline Six Months
- Nov 9, 2017: We reported on the Viaje Stuffed Turkey Edicion Limitada 2017 Coming This Month
- Nov 9, 2018: We reported on the Daniel Marshall “Cigars Meets Movies Campfire Event”
- Nov 9, 2018: We did an Agile Cigar Review on the Undercrown Dogma by Drew Estate
- Nov 9, 2018: We reported on the Gran Habano Corojo No. 5 Gran Reserva 2012 Released
- Nov 9, 2018: We published Prime Time Episode 74: All Star Media Panel