The Cigar Industry Report is a one-stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of the news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. In addition, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern Time.
Cigar Industry Report: Edition 449 (9/4/21)
Prime Time Episode 200
This week the Prime Time Show published Episode 200! Our special guest was Oliva Cigar Company CEO Cory Bappert. We’ve got the details below in our Prime Time Podcasts section.
PCA Post Game Reports
This week we moved on a recapped some companies we didn’t do video coverage for. Following that, we will switch gears to “Summer of 21” coverage and focus on companies that had releases that were not at the Trade Show.
- PCA 2021 Report: Cattle Baron Cigars
- PCA 2021 Report: El Septimo Geneva
- PCA 2021 Report: Emperors Cut
- PCA 2021 Report: PDR Cigars
- PCA 2021 Report: Supreme Tobacco Haiti
- PCR 2021 Report: Warped Cigars
- JC Newman Cigar Company: The Yagua is returning for 2021.
- Forged Cigar Company: We reported on the Partagas Cortado
- Frontier Cigars: The company has added two new lines to its portfolio.
- Gurkha: The Gurkha Revenant is en route to retailers.
- Protocol Cigars: The company announced the Protocol Battle Borne
- Carolina Blue: Announced Illusione Cigars will handle its distribution
- House of Representatives: HR 3982 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week no co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors is now at 31.
- U.S. Senate: S.438 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at nine.
Agile Cigar Reviews
The Smoking Syndicate
Features and Blog
- None this week outside PCA Reports.
- No entries this week
Prime Time Podcasts
Prime Time Show
Prime Time Special Edition
- No Show This Week
Prime Time Jukebox
8/26: Prime Time Episode 201: Hostos Quesada, Tabacalera La Isla
9/13: Prime Time Jukebox Episode 49: Jazz Show #1 w/ Matt Tye
9/14: Prime Time Special Edition 106: TBA
On This Date…
On this date Sept 14th…
- Sept 4, 2010: We published a pre-review on the Liga Privada Dirty Rat
- Sept 4, 2011: We assessed the Tatuaje Avion 11
- Sept 4, 2012: We previewed the Avo Heritage Special Toro
- Sept 4, 2013: We previewed the Ortega Wild Bunch 2013 Fast Eddie Eight-Ball
- Sept 4, 2013: We assessed the Fratello by Fratello Cigars
- Sept 4, 2014: We assessed the La Colmena Amado No. 44 by Warped Cigars
- Sept 4, 2015: We published an Agile Cigar Review on the Davidoff Winston Churchill Toro
- Sept 4, 2016: We assessed the Toraño Vault P-044 Robusto
- Sept 4, 2016: We reported on the La Gloria Cubana Esteli Maduro and La Gloria Cubana Black Maduro
- Sept 4, 2016: We reported on the Catelli Cabaletta
- Sept 4, 2016: We reported on the Fratello Oro
- Sept 4, 2017: We published the Feature Story, Spotlight on Davidoff of Geneva USA at the 2017 IPCPR Trade Show
- Sept 4, 2018: We reported on Drew Estate postponing Cigar Safari Until Fall 2019
- Sept 4, 2018: We assessed the Four Kicks Mule Kick LE 2018 by Crowned Heads
- Sept 4, 2018: We reported on the Davidoff Chefs Edition 2018.
- Sept 4, 2018: We published the Feature Story, Spotlight on XIKAR at the 2018 IPCPR
- Sept 4, 2019: We assessed the Cohiba Connecticut Robusto
- Sept 4, 2019: We reported on the Villa Zamorano Soberanos from Maya Selva Cigars
- Sept 4, 2019: We reported on the TPE Trade Show offering incentives.
- Sept 4, 2020: We published Summer of ’20 Spotlight: JSK Cigars
- Sept 4, 2020: We reported on the Viaje Private Keep Chartreuse