The Cigar Industry Report is a one-stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of the news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. In addition, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern Time.
Cigar Industry Report: Edition 471 (2/5/22)
PCA Issues Statement on Responsible Marketing
This week the Premium Cigar Association (PCA) issued a statement calling out “Characters, Foods, and Candy” Associated with Children’s Interests with product marketing. We have the details here.
Rolando Villamil Passes Away
Rolando Villamil, the man who ran operations at Tabacalera Von Eicken (Charles Fairmorn) has died. Villamil is known for working with brands such as Kristoff Cigars and Epic Cigars. We have the details here.
- Altadis USA: We reported on the VegaFina Year of the Tiger for U.S. Market, a cigar showcased at TPE 22.
- Drew Estate: Announced the Liga Privada Unico Serie Year of the Tiger
- East Park Cigars: The company announced its launch and debut offerings.
- Forged Cigar Company: Announced Bolivar Cofradia Lost & Found, a collaboration with Robert Caldwell of Lost & Found. In addition, the Diesel Sunday Gravy Rosamarino was also announced.
- General Cigar Company: Announced the Punch Fu Manchu
- Plasencia Cigars: We reported on the Plasencia Year of the Tiger, a cigar showcased at TPE 22.
- Tabacalera SLU: Announced the VegaFina Nicaragua Gran Vulcano line extension
- Villiger Cigars: The company showcased a new iteration of La Libertad at TPE 22.
- Mombacho Cigars SA: Promoted Jared Michaeli Ingrisano Promoted to company president
- TMG: Announced the dates for TPE 23.
- House of Representatives: HR 3982 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This wee no new co-sponsors signed on. The total number of sponsors remains at 58.
- U.S. Senate: S.438 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at nine.
- Quesada Oktoberfest 10th Anniversary Bavarian
- Black Label Trading Company Last Rites Viaticum Robusto (2019)
- Plasencia Year of the Ox
Agile Cigar Reviews
- None This Week
The Smoking Syndicate
- None this week
Features and Blog
- None this week
- The Blog: Will Cooper Guests on January 21, 2022 Edition of Smoke Night Live
- The Blog: KMA Talk Radio Episode 444: Mike Conder & Jon Huber, Crowned Heads
- The Blog: KMA Talk Radio Episode 445 – Terence Reilly, Aganorsa Leaf
- The Blog: KMA Talk Radio Episode 446 – Juan Lopez, Gurkha Cigars
Prime Time Podcasts
Prime Time Show
Prime Time Special Edition
- No Show This Week
Prime Time Jukebox
2/8: Prime Time Special Edition 116: The 2022 Big Game Show w/ Jonathan Carney
2/10: Prime Time Episode 219: Ian Reith, Dapper Cigar Company
On This Date…
On this date February 5th…
- Feb 5, 2011: We assessed Illusione 2 And Crowned of Thorns
- Feb 5, 2012: We assessed the My Father Le Bijou 1922 Federal Cigar 91st Cervantes Connecticut Shade
- Feb 5, 2013: We published the press release JM Tobacco Debuts New JM Dominican Premium Cigar Shape … “Gordito”
- Feb 5, 2013: We assessed the Surrogates Crystal Baller by L’Atelier Imports
- Feb 5, 2013: We We published the press release Arango Cigar Co Unveils New Private Label Macanudo Clasico and Punch Clasico Premium Cigars
- Feb 5, 2014: We reported on the Alec Bradley Black Market Filthy Hooligan Second Edition
- Feb 5, 2014: We assessed the San Lotano Oval Habano Limited Edition Pigskin Super Smoke Figurado XLVIII
- Feb 5, 2014: We reported on the PsyKo Seven Corona
- Feb 5, 2014: We reported on the Viaje Exclusivo Leaded
- Feb 5, 2015: We reported on 1502 Corona line extensions
- Feb 5, 2015: We assessed the La Colonia Miami Torpedo
- Feb 5, 2016: We reported on the 1502 XO line.
- Feb 5, 2016: We did an Agile Cigar Review on Eiroa CBT Maduro Robusto by CLE Cigar Company
- Feb 5, 2017: We did an Agile Cigar Review on the Espada by Montecristo Estoque
- Feb 5, 2017: We announced our partnership with the Smooth Draws Radio Show.
- Feb 5, 2018: We reported on Oettinger Davidoff AG naming Jim Young Chief Commercial Officer
- Feb 5, 2018: We reported on AJ Fernandez Cigar Co. naming Starky Arias its new Marketing Director
- Feb 5, 2019: We did an Agile Cigar Review on the Nat Sherman Panamericana Belicoso Fino
- Feb 5, 2020: We reported on Daniel Marshall teaming with Carlos Fuente for 38th Anniversary Cigar
- Feb 5, 2020: We assessed the HVC 500 Years Anniversary Teseros
- Feb 5, 2021: We assessed the Espinosa Crema de Laranja (Toro)