The Cigar Industry Report is a one-stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of the news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. In addition, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern Time.
Cigar Industry Report: Edition 473 (2/19/22)
Carlos Toraño Passes Away
Carlos A. Toraño, the third generation cigar maker and founder of the Toraño cigar brand, has passed away. He died peacefully at his home in Miami, Florida. We have the details here.
- Alec Bradley: The Filthy Hooligan and Shamrock releases are headed to retailers
- Casa Cuevas Cigars: The limited-edition Flacos have shipped.
- Drew Estate: The Liga Privada H99 Connecticut Corojo is going to regular production
- General Cigar Company: Announced the Punch Knuckle Buster Maduro
- K by Karen Berger: The company announced it will now offer a 20-count box option
- Lampert Cigars: The company is adding distribution to Slovakia.
- Stogie Road Cigars: Announced the Sylent Green project.
- Black Star Line Cigars: Announced Illusione will handle its distribution.
- Cavalier Genève: Brian Motola has joined the company as the Director of Sales and part-owner.
- House of Representatives: HR 3982 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week no new co-sponsors signed on. The total number of sponsors remains at 59.
- U.S. Senate: Confirmed Robert Califf as FDA Commissioner; Meanwhile S.438 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at nine.
- The American Double Robusto by J.C. Newman Cigar Company
- Tatuaje T110 Capa Especial
- Fuente Fuente OpusX 20th Anniversary Father & Son
Agile Cigar Reviews
- None This Week
The Smoking Syndicate
- None This Week
Features and Blog
- None this week
Prime Time Podcasts
Prime Time Show
Prime Time Special Edition
- None This Week
Prime Time Jukebox
NO SHOWS WEEK OF 2/20-2/26
3/3: Prime Time Episode 221: Jay Davis
3/7: Prime Time Jukebox Episode 66: 90s Madness Draft Show
TBA: Prime Time Special Edition 117: TBA
On This Date…
On this date February 19th…
- Feb 19, 2012: We previewed the AVO Limited Edition 2012 La Trompeta
- Feb 19, 2012: We assessed the Room 101 LTD OSOK
- Feb 19, 2013: We reported on the Tatuaje Monster Series 2013 Installment
- Feb 19, 2013: We reported on European distribution for Kristoff
- Feb 19, 2013: We reported on the Espinosa Maduro
- Feb 19, 2013: We assessed the Ortega Wild Bunch 2013 – Iron Mike I-Beam
- Feb 19, 2014: We reported on the Asylum 13 99 Problems
- Feb 19, 2014: We did an Assessment Update on the Casa Miranda Chapter Two by Miami Cigar and Company
- Feb 19, 2014: We reported on the Davidoff Releases “Short Pleasures” and “Inspirational Assortment” Sampler Packs
- Feb 19, 2015: We reported on Corporación Cigar Export’s auction item for ProCigar
- Feb 19, 2015: We reported on Litto Gomez Hand Rolled Box auction item at ProCigar 2015
- Feb 19, 2016: We reported on the My Father Flor de las Antillas Tubo
- Feb 19, 2016: We did an Agile Cigar Review on the Fratello Bianco III
- Feb 19, 2017: We did an Agile Cigar Review on the El Primer Mundo Clase Reserva
- Feb 19, 2018: We assessed the Alec Bradley Black Market Illicit TAA Exclusive (Toro)
- Feb 19, 2018: We reported on the Espinosa Wasabi returning
- Feb 19, 2019: We reported on the launch of Stogie Road Cigars
- Feb 19, 2019: We reported on the San Cristóbal de La Habana 20 Aniversario
- Feb 19, 2020: We published the Feature Story ProCigar 2020 Pre Game Report (Santiago de los Caballeros)
- Feb 19, 2021: We assessed the VegaFina Year of the Ox
- Feb 19, 2021: We reported on the United Cigars Irish Car Bomb Firecracker