The Cigar Industry Report is a one-stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of the news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. In addition, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern Time.
Cigar Industry Report: Edition 478 (3/26/22)
TAA Exclusive Series Announced
This week the Tobacconists Association of America (TAA) announced its exclusive cigar openings at its annual convention in Cabo San Lucas:
- Asylum 13 TAA Exclusive
- Crowned Heads The Lost Angel 2022 TAA Exclusive
- E.P. Carrillo TAA 2022
- Ferio Tego Timless TAA 2022
- Forged Cigar Company: Diesel Tempest TAA
- Gurkha Colección Especial TAA Exclusive
- Illusione TAA 2022
- Joya de Nicaragua Cuatro Cinco Edición Americana
- La Flor Dominicana TAA The Golden Salomon (Natural/Maduro)
- La Palina TAA Kill Bill TXX
- Rocky Patel TAA Decade Habano
- Tatuaje TAA 2022
- Villiger TAA Exclusive 2022
- Drew Estate: Announced the Pappy Van Winkle Family Reserve Barrel Fermented Gordo
- Dunbarton Tobacco & Trust: Plans for the Red Meat Lovers Club Beef Stick were announced.
- Tatuaje: The company announced its 2022 TAA Exclusive and PCA Exclusive Cigars
- Ferio Tego: The company announced Ferio Tego Timeless TAA 2022
- Forged Cigar Company: We reported on the Diesel Fool’s Errand Stubborn Fool Announced
- Gurkha: The company announced its Gurkha Colección Especial Figurado TAA Exclusive
- Villiger Cigars: We reported on the Villiger TAA Exclusive 2022
- ProCigar: Announced its 2023 Festival dates.
- Smokin Tabacco: Announced plans for its Cigar Family Charitable Foundation Fundraiser
- House of Representatives: HR 3982 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week no new co-sponsors signed on. The total number of sponsors remains at 59.
- U.S. Senate: S.438 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at nine.
- AVO Syncro Caribe Robusto
- Casa Cuevas Patrimonio Robusto Gordo
- ACE Prime Fiat Lux by Luciano Insight
Agile Cigar Reviews
The Smoking Syndicate
Features and Blog
- No Feature Stories Published this week
- The Blog: Aganorsa Experience – The JFR Lunatic Line
- The Blog: KMA Talk Radio Episode 450 – Dan Thompson, Micallef Cigars
- The Blog: KMA Talk Radio Episode 451 – Gaby Kafie, Kafie 1901 Cigars
Prime Time Podcasts
Prime Time Show
Prime Time Special Edition
Prime Time Jukebox
- No Show This Week
3/28: Prime Time Jukebox Episode 67: Women in Music
4/5: Prime Time Special Edition 118: The Baseball Show
4/6 The Smoking Syndicate Roundtable #5: EIROA PCA Exclusive 11/18
4/7: Prime Time Episode 224: Five Year Anniversary Show w/ Justin Andrews, STG
On This Date…
On this date March 26th…
- Mar 26, 2011: We assessed the Savinelli Special Selection 2005.
- Mar 26, 2011: We published a pre-release assessment of the Swag Limitado 99.
- Mar 26, 2012: We reposted a press release on Urbano Cigars’ Third Salvo.
- Mar 26, 2013: We assessed the Senor Solomon Maduro.
- Mar 26, 2014: We assessed the Avo Limited Edition 2014 – Avo 88.
- Mar 26, 2014: We reported on the release of the Black Label Trading Company Morphine.
- Mar 26, 2014: We reported on the launch of the DeSiena 312.
- Mar 26, 2014: We reported the release of RoMa Craft Tobac’s Panatela Project – “El Catador de las Panetelas”.
- Mar 26,2015: We reported on the announcement of the Espinosa Especial.
- Mar 26, 2015: We assessed the Matilde Renacer Robusto.
- Mar 26, 2015: We reported on the8 x 80 and Super 11/18 to line extensions to the Asylum 13, Asylum 13 Authentic Corojo, and Asylum 13 Ogre Lines.
- Mar 26, 2016: We published Cigar Industry Report: Volume 5, Number 18 (3/26/16)
- Mar 26, 2017: We published the Feature Story What Rudy Giuliani’s Keynote Address at the 2017 IPCPR Convention Means to the Cigar Industry
- Mar 26, 2018: We did an Agile Cigar Review on the Cattle Baron Trail Boss
- Mar 26, 2018: We reported on the Drew Estate Announces 2018 Barn Smoker Schedule
- Mar 26, 2018: We reported on the Crowned Heads Mule Kick LE 2018 Coming in April
- Mar 26, 2019: We reported on H.R.1854 Introduced for 116th Congress to Exempt Premium Cigars from FDA Regulation
- Mar 26, 2019: We reported on the 2019 TAA Exclusive Series.
- Mar 26,2020: We assessed the Warzone Toro
- Mar 26, 2020: We reported on the Crowned Heads The Lost Angel 2020 TAA Exclusive
- Mar 26, 2021: We reported on the Diesel Disciple 2021 TAA Exclusive
- Mar 26, 2021: We reported on the return of the Alec Bradley Black Market Estelí Diamond