The Cigar Industry Report is a one-stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of the news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. In addition, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern Time.
Cigar Industry Report: Edition 514 (12/3/22)
Jared Michaeli Ingrisano to Head Up Favilli Trading LLC Operation
Mombacho Cigars S.A. has reached an exclusive licensing agreement with Favilli Trading LLC, a US cigar sales, distribution, and marketing company independent of Mombacho. The new company will handle global sales and marketing of the Favilli brand and will be headed up Jared Michaeli Ingrisano, who is stepping down as Mombacho S.A.’s President at the end of 2022 to head the Favilli Trading LLC operation. We’ve got the details here.
Contest: Montecristo Epic Gift Set Contest
Click here for details to win a Montecristo Epic Gift Set courtesy of Tabacalera USA
- Lampert Cigars: The company is shipping new packaging for its Don Patron line
- Oveja Negra Brands: Announced the return of the Black Label Trading Company Ligero Hawaii
- Pure Aroma Cigars: The company is releasing the D’Crossier Golden Blend Refinados
- Scandinavian Tobacco Group: The company is releasing the Macanudo Inspirado Year of the Rabbit for the non U.S. market
- Cavalier Genève: The company announced a new Distribution Facility in Honduras
- West Tampa Tobacco Co: The company named Stijn Elbersen Global its Sales & Marketing Director
- Don Carlos The Man by Arturo Fuente
- El Criollito Robusto (2021) by PDR Cigars
- Gurkha Nicaragua Series TAA Exclusive
- Villiger La Libertad Gran Toro (2021)
Agile Cigar Reviews
- None This Week
The Smoking Syndicate
- Check out Ben Lee’s look at the 2021 and 2022 Tatuaje Advent Calendars
Features and Blog
- None this Week
- None this Week
Prime Time Podcasts
Prime Time Show
Prime Time Special Edition
Prime Time Jukebox
12/8 Prime Time Episode 251: Brian Motola Cavalier Genève
TBA Prime Time Special Edition 132: CA Top 25 Recap
TBA Prime Time Jukebox Episode 85: Rolling Stone Top 500 Songs Part 10: 50 to 1
On This Date…
On this date December 3rd
- Dec 3, 2010: We reported on a case involving the El Gaucho Restaurant in Tacoma Washington who was forced to shut its smoking lounge after going through considerable expense to make it comply with local law.
- Dec 3, 2010: We unveiled our #28 Cigar of the Year for 2010, the Nestor Miranda Art Deco.
- Dec 3, 2011: We published our Month in Review for November, 2011.
- Dec 3, 2011: We assessed the La Flor Dominicana Factory Press IV.
- Dec 3, 2011: We unveiled our #28 Cigar of the Year for 2011, the Viaje WLP – St. Patrick’s Day Candela.
- Dec 3, 2012: We did a pre-release assessment on the Montecristo Epic No. 2 by Altadis.
- Dec 3,, 2012: We unveiled our #28 Cigar of the Year for 2012, the My Father Commemorative 911 Limited Edition 2012 Habano Maduro.
- Dec 3, 2013: We reported on the La Aurora Puro Vintage Reserva Especial Sampler.
- Dec 3, 2013: We unveiled our #28 Cigar of the Year for 2013, the AFR-75 by PDR Cigars.
- Dec 3, 2013: We assessed the Alec Bradley Mundial.
- Dec 3, 2013: We reported on the launch of Bodega Premium Blends.
- Dec 3, 2014: We reported on Davidoff unveiling “The Miami Collection” Humidors at Art Basel.
- Dec 3, 2014: We reported on the Viaje Holiday Blend Candy Cane 2014,
- Dec 3, 2014: We reported on La Flor Dominicana TCFKA M Collector’s Edition 2014.
- Dec 3, 2014: We reported on CU.S. House Members requesting a change in the Grandfather Date for the FDA’s Proposed Deeming Regulations.
- Dec 3, 2014: We unveiled our #28 Cigar of the Year for 2014, the La Colmena Unico Especial by Warped Cigars.
- Dec 3,, 2014: We reported on the A. Flores Gran Reserva Habano.
- Dec 3,2015: We unveiled our #28 Cigar of the Year for 2015, the Rocky Patel Twentieth Anniversary Lancero.
- Dec 3, 2015: We assessed the Nomad Therapy Connecticut Toro
- Dec 3, 2015: We reported on the Oliva Serie V Maduro Especial 2015 Released.
- Dec 3, 2016: We published Cigar Industry Report: Volume 6, Number 2 (12/3/16)
- Dec 3, 2017: We assessed the Crux Bull & Bear Ninfamaniac
- Dec 3, 2018: We reported on a study that claimed FDA Regulations on Premium Cigars will result in a eegative economic impact
- Dec 3, 2018: We reported on the Ventura Cigar Company Case Study CS/13
- Dec 3, 2018: We reported on theThe Oscar Habano Winter Edition
- Dec 3, 2019: We reported on the Florida Department of Agriculture’s “Fresh from Florida” Logo for FSG Tobacco
- Dec 3, 2019: We reported on the VegaFina Year of the Rat
- Dec 3, 2019: We reported on the Cavalier Genève Black II Lancero
- Dec 3, 2019: We reported on the Viaje Holiday Blend 2019 Release
- Dec 3, 2019: We reported on the Fratello Esclusivo Connecticut
- Dec 3, 2019: We assessed the Powstanie SBC18
- Dec 3, 2020: We assessed the Room101 Doomsayer Aggressive Maduro Super Toro
- Dec 3, 2020: We reported on the Royal Jamaica returning as a Casa de Montecristo Exclusive
- Dec 3, 2020: We published our Criteria for the 2020 Cigar of the Year Countdown
- Dec 3, 2021: We reported on Serino Cigar Company launching Studio Serino with Elenor Rose
- Dec 3, 2021: We reported on Mombacho Cigars S.A. rebranding as Favilli Cigars S.A. for U.S. Market
- Dec 3, 2021: We reported on Reinado Cigars’ Patria y Vida