The Cigar Industry Report is a one-stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of the news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. In addition, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern Time.
Cigar Industry Report: Volume 7, Number 15 (Edition 268 3/3/18)
Feature of the Week: New Cubans Announced at XX Habanos Festival
This week XX Habanos took place in Havana Cuba. As in the past, the festival has been used to unveil the new Habanos releases for 2018. We have the details around them here.
- Cohiba Robustos Reserva Cosecha 2014
- Romeo y Julieta Grand Churchills
- Partagás Linea Maduro Line Extensions
- Vegueros Centrofinos
- Hoyo de Monterrey Le Hoyo Río Seco
- Bolívar Soberano Edición Limitada 2018
- H. Upmann Edicíon Limitada 2018 Propios
- Romeo y Julieta Edicíon Limitada 2018 Tacos
- Hoyo de Monterrey Escogidos
- San Cristóbal de La Habana Prado
News and Previews
- Altadis U.S.A.: Announced the Henry Clay Cheroot will be put into widespread distribution in April.
- Ezra Zion Cigar Company: Announced a partnership with Oak & Eden Inspired Whiskey
- General Cigar Company: Announced details around the Cigar News: Macanudo Inspirado Red.
- Joya de Nicaragua: The company announced its 50th-Anniversary Celebrations plans as well as the intent to release a commemorative cigar.
- Maya Selva Cigars: Recently named Jean François Poillot as its U.S. Sales Manager
- RoMa Craft Tobac: Announced details around the CRAFT 2018 release.
- Room 101 Cigars: Matt Booth announced details of the soft-launch of the Room 101 Farce.
- House of Representatives: H.R. 564 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at 143.
- U.S. Senate: S.294 is the Senate companion bill to H.R. 564. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at 20.
- House Bill 1136: H.R. 1136 is the legislation to change the Grandfather Date for Deeming Tobacco products subject to FDA Regulation from February 15, 2017, to 21 days after enactment of the regulations. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at 91.
- Virginia: A bill has been rejected that would have allowed for a new mixed beverage license for cigar shops.
- Casa Cuevas Connecticut Toro
- Villiger La Vencedora Churchill
- Plasencia Alma Fuerte Generación V
- Viaje GP 10.31
Agile Cigar Reviews
This month’s editorial is entitled “Starting with a Clean Slate“.
Cigar Coop Coffee Collection
Prime Time Show
This week for Episode 44, we welcomed Michael Giannini, Ben Winokur, & Jason Carignan of Ventura Cigar Company as our special guests. In our Debonaire Ideal segment, we talked History Finally, in our Deliberation Segment, we discussed Cigar Festivals
Prime Time Special Edition
For Prime Time Special Edition 24 we welcome Claudio Sgroi of Mombacho Cigars.
Prime Time Show Schedule
Upcoming Schedule (Subject to Change)
Episode 46 (3/15/18): Steven Bailey, Cornelius & Anthony
Episode TBD (5/17/18): Live from Corona Cigar Company
Special Edition #25 (3/13/18): Luis Cuevas, Casa Cuevas Cigars
Special Edition #26 (3/27/18): MLB Baseball Preview
Special Edition TBD (4/27/18): Christian Eiroa, CLE Cigar Company
On this date March 3rd..
- March 3rd, 2011: We previewed the Viaje WLP Candela and Viaje Exclusivo Short
- March 3rd, 2011: We assessed the Cain Daytona.
- March 3rd, 2011: We previewed the La Palina El Diario.
- March 3rd, 2012: We assessed the Liga Privada Unico Serie “A”
- March 3rd, 2013: We assessed the El Centurion by Don Pepin Garcia (2007)
- March 3rd, 2013: We assessed the My Father Cigars’ La Antiguedad
- March 3rd, 2013: We published a press release on the H.Upmann Legacy
- March 3rd, 2013: We reported details on Viaje shipping the 2013 batch of Viaje Honey and Hand Grenades
- March 3rd, 2014: We reported on 262 Allegiance.
- March 3rd, 2014: We reported on the Nomad Connecticut Fuerte
- March 3rd, 2014: We reported on Nat Sherman re-releasing Tabac Sherman Pipe Tobacco in Tins
- March 3rd, 2014: We reported on Royal Agio Cigars and Drew Estate entering into a partnership agreement.
- March 3rd, 2014: We assessed the E.P. Carrillo INCH Short Run 2014.
- March 3rd, 2014: We reported on the AKA Nth Degree Lancero
- March 3rd, 2015: We reported on the Cigar Industry’s lawsuit gaining support in Motion for Summary Judgement
- March 3rd, 2015: We assessed the Perdomo Double Aged 12 Year Vintage Connecticut Robusto
- March 3rd, 2016: We reported on Foundry Tobacco Company adding a Brand Manager and Broker Team
- March 3rd, 2017: We published the Feature Story “A Visit to AJ Fernandez’s San Lotano Factory“