The Cigar Industry Report is a one-stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of the news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. In addition, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern Time.
Cigar Industry Report: Volume 7, Number 42 Edition 295 (9/15/18)
Feature of the Week: Nomad Sells to Ezra Zion
News and Previews
- C.L.E. Cigar Company: The Wynwood brand is returning with Wynwood Hills.
- Crux Cigar Company: The company announced it is shipping the Crux IPCPR Show Exclusive 2018 Edition.
- Davidoff: The company formally announced the opening of its Brooklyn NY store.
- Drew Estate: The remaining Cigar Safari weeks for 2018, and next spring have been postponed.
- La Palina Cigars: The La Palina Blue Label TAA Exclusive has been released.
- Providencia Cigars: The company has announced the release of the limited edition “The Hostage” and the event only “Meritage”.
- Viaje: The second installment of the Craft Series, For the Love of the Leaf has been released.
- House of Representatives: H.R. 564 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week Warren Davidson [R-Ohio] and Debbie Lesko [R-Arizona] were added as co-sponsors. The total number of sponsors remains is now 147.
- U.S. Senate: S.294 is the Senate companion bill to H.R. 564. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at 22.
- House Bill 1136: H.R. 1136 is the legislation to change the Grandfather Date for Deeming Tobacco products subject to FDA Regulation from February 15, 2017, to 21 days after enactment of the regulations. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at 94.
- Joya de Nicaragua Clásico Toro
- Davidoff 50 Years Limited Edition Diademas Finas
- OneOff Canonazo by Illusione Cigars
- Southern Draw IGNITE Top Rung (Jacobs Ladder Box Pressed Lancero)
Agile Cigar Review
- Saga Short Tales Tomo I – Tales of High Priming by De Los Reyes Cigars
- Undercrown Sun Grown Gran Toro by Drew Estate
We published the IPCPR report “Spotlight on Five Companies that “Held the Line” at the 2018 IPCPR”
Prime Time Show
For Episode 66, we welcomed back Terence Reilly of Aganorsa Leaf as our special guest. In our Debonaire Ideal segment we talked Boston Sports. Finally in our Deliberation Segment we discussed Ezra Zion’s acquisition of Nomad and discussed a manufacturer retailer scenario.
Prime Time Special Edition
For Special Edition #39, we welcome Dr. Gaby Kafie of Kafie 1901 Cigars
Episode 68 (9/20/18): Willy Herrera, Drew Estate
Episode 69 (9/27/18): To Be Announced
Episode 70 (10/4/18): The Camacho Show
Episode 71 (10/11/18): Brady Hayek, Jeremy Jack Cigars
Episode 72 (10/18/18): To Be Announced
Episode 73 (10/25/18): To Be Announced
Episode 74 (11/1/18): Lice from La Zona Palooza 2018
Prime Time Special Edition
Special Edition 39 (9/11/18): Dr. Gaby Kafie, Kafie 1901 Cigars
Special Edition TBD (10/1/18): The MLB Post Season Show
Special Edition TBD (10/23/18): Enrique Seijas, Matilde Cigars
On this date September 15th
- September 15, 2010: We assessed the Perdomo Reserve Limited Golf Edition – Iron
- September 15 2011: We assessed the Nestor Miranda Doppelbok
- September 15, 2012: We reposted a press release on Table 36’s debut of the Fellowship line
- September 15, 2013: We assessed the D’Crossier Imperium Class Vintage Trabuco
- September 15, 2014: We did a pre-release assessment of the Illusione ~eccj~ 20th
- September 15, 2015: We reported on Espinosa Cigars releasing the Espinosa Especial
- September 15, 2015: We reported on Altadis and Prime Cigar’s plans to open a cigar bar in Miami.
- September 15, 2015: We assessed Señor Andre’s Chicharrones Bold (Maduro) by Viaje
- September 15, 2016: We assessed the Davidoff Yamasá Pirámides
- September 15, 2016: We reported on the release of the Viaje Circa ’45 for the European market
- September 15, 2016: We reported on Guayacan Rojas Reserve Maduro line extensions launched at the 2016 IPCPR
- September 15, 2016: We reported on Ventura Cigar Company launching Case Study at the 2016 IPCPR
- September 15, 2017: We reported on Danny Vazquez joining RoMa Craft Tobac
- September 15, 2017: We published the Feature Story “Understanding what the Passing of the Cigar Exemption in the House Appropriations Bill Means“
- September 15, 2017: We published an Agile Cigar Review for the Cornelius & Anthony Venganza Toro
- September 15, 2017: We published Prime Time Show Episode 21: Nate McIntyre Miami Cigar and Company