The Cigar Industry Report is a one-stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of the news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. In addition, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern Time.
Cigar Industry Report: Edition 327 (4/27/19)
Contest: Drew Estate Swag Giveaway for April 2019
Feature of the Week: General Cigar Announces Diesel Whisky Row Sherry Cask
After the success of Diesel Whiskey Row, General Cigar has announced the follow-up, the Diesel Whisky Row Sherry Cask. We’ve got the details here.
News and Previews
- Alec Bradley Cigars: The company formally announced the release of the Cigar Alec Bradley Project 40.
- Aganorsa Leaf: The company announced the Aganorsa Leaf Signature Maduro. The cigar is scheduled to ship the summer.
- Drew Estate: The company announced the Drew Estate ACID Plush and ACID Croqueta are now heading to retailers.
- AJ Fernandez Cigars: The San Lotano Dominicano has begun to arrive in stores.
- Crux: The company is once again making its Crux Corona Gorda Collection to ZT Cigars’ Smoklahoma event. The company also announced the Crux Union Fire project as an exclusive to Famous Smoke Shop.
- Montecristo: Altadis U.S.A. announced the Montecristo Espada Oscuro.
- Royal Agio Cigars: The company shipped the San Pedro de Macorís Nicaragua and Sun Grown
- United Cigar: The company announced its Series Unidas will be a collaboration with Hammer + Sickle.
- VegaFina: Details around the VegaFina Gran Reserva 2019 were announced
- U.S. Senate: S.9 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at 12.
- U.S. House of Representatives: H.R.1854 is the House Companion Bill to S.9 sponsors. This week no new co-sponsors signed on. The total number of sponsors remains at 46.
- Colorado: A bill has been introduced that would raise the tobacco tax to 62 percent of the wholesale price.
- Minnesota:: The State House has approved a bill that would raise the tobacco purchase to 21. The bill now heads for the Senate.
- Vermont: The State House has approved a bill that would raise the tobacco purchase age to 21
- Dominican Republic: Dominican Cigar leaders met with President Danilo Medina.
- Davidoff – The Master Selection 2007
- Crowned Heads Juarez 4 3/4 x 52
- Diesel Hair of the Dog
- EIROA The First 20 Years Diadema by C.L.E. Cigar Company (TAA Exclusive)
Agile Cigar Reviews
Prime Time Show
No Show this week
Prime Time Special Edition
On Prime Time Special Edition 52, we discussed “The Lost Cigars”.
Episode 93 (5/2/19) TBA
Episode 94 (5/9/19) TBA
Episode 95 (5/16/19) Florida Barn Smoker 2019 Pre-Game Show with Jeff Borysiewicz
Prime Time Special Edition
Special Edition TBA (5/2119): Indianapolis 500 Preview Show
On this date April 27th…
- Apr 27, 2012: Butthead’s Tobacco Emporium announced the launch of web streaming their events.
- Apr 27, 2013: We published Cigar Week Wrap: Volume 2, Number 15 (4/27/13)
- Apr 27, 2014: We assessed the El Oso (Belicoso) by Warped Cigars
- Apr 27, 2015: We reported on Swisher International and Drew Estate Td Asian Market; Name Asia Marketing Services to Handle Sales
- Apr 27, 2015: We assessed the Saga Golden Age Toro
- Apr 27, 2015: We published a feature story on Phil Zanghi Discusses Debonaire 2015 Plans
- Apr 27, 2016: We assessed the Espinosa Murcielago Noir (2015)
- Apr 27, 2017: We assessed the Gaaja Torpedo by Bombay Tobak
- Apr 27, 2017: We reported on the release of AVO Syncro Nicaragua Toro Tubos
- Apr 27, 2017: We reported on the release of the Davidoff Culebras
- Apr 27, 2017: We reported on the release of Espinosa Cigars’ Eminent Domain
- Apr 27, 2017: We reported on the nomination of FDA Commissioner Scott Gottlieb clearing a Senate subcommittee.
- Apr 27, 2017: We reported on the announcement of Drew Estate’s nationwide release of Kentucky Fired Cured Swamp Thang and Swamp Rat
- Apr 27, 2018: We did an Agile Cigar Review on the Black Label Trading Company Bishops Blend Corona Larga (2016)