The Cigar Industry Report is a one-stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of the news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. In addition, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern Time.
Cigar Industry Report: Edition 332 (6/1/19)
Feature of the Week: Crowned Heads to release La Coalición at 2019 IPCPR
Crowned Heads has announced it will release its first regular production line out of the Drew Estate factory. It’s called La Coalición and it will launch at IPCPR. We’ve got the details here.
News and Previews
- Altadis U.S.A.: The company is releasing the Cigar News: Altadis U.S.A. to Introduce H. Upmann Nicaragua by AJ Fernandez Papi Tin Offering
- Cubariqueno Cigar Company: The company will release its latest limited release, Protocol Jane Doe Series
- Espinosa: The company is shipping the new Espinosa Wasabi Corona. Plus the company is participating in its fourth project with Cigar Dojo for a release called Psychedelic Turtle.
- Gran Habano: The company will release the Gran Habano Blue in Green Gran Corona at the 2019 IPCPR
- Joya de Nicaragua: THe company will release the limited edition Cuatro Cinco Belicoso Exclusivo Eventos DDRP.
- Kafie 1901 Cigars: Owner Dr. Gaby Kafie has announced he is renaming his factory from Tabacalera G. Kafie y Cia to Tabacalera La Unión.
- Miami Cigar & Company: THe company announced it is partnering from AJ Fernandez to bring back the Don Lino Africa
- Nat Sherman: The company will release the Nat Sherman Timeless 2019 Limited Edition and Epoca 2019 Limited Edition at the 2019 IPCPR Trade Show.
- Southern Draw Cigars: The company will release its first three releases of the IGNITE 2019 Series
- White Hat Cigars: The company will release Ilegal at the 2019 IPCPR Trade Show
- U.S. Senate: S.9 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at 12.
- U.S. House of Representatives: H.R.1854 is the House Companion Bill to S.9. This week three new co-sponsors were added: Robert Wittman [R-Virginia], Henry Johnson [D-Georgia], and Mark Walter [R-North Carolina]. The total number of sponsors is now at 61.
- Arizona: A bill to raise the tobacco purchase age to 21 has failed.
- Connecticut: The state legislature has passed a bill that would raise the tobacco purchase age to 21. The legislation now goes to Governor Ned Lamont.
- Herrera Estelí Brazilian Maduro Toro Especial by Drew Estate
- Jas Sum Kral Nuggs Habano (Short Robusto)
- La Palina Blue Label Toro TAA Exclusive
Agile Cigar Reviews
Prime Time Show
On Episode 97, we covered our Industry Panel #4 w/ Terence Reilly and Fred Rewey
Prime Time Special Edition
No show this week
Episode 98 (6/6/19): All Star Media Panel #6: IPCPR 2019
Episode 99 (6/13/19): Industry Panel Discussion #6: Saka, Martin & Alfonso
Episode 100 (6/20/19): The Ultimate IPCPR Pre-Game Show
Prime Time Special Edition
Special Edition #55 (6/11/19): Al Micallef, Micallef Cigars
On this date June 1st…
- June 1, 2011: We reviewed the JD Temptation Habano Claro.
- June 1, 2012: We reprinted a press release on the annual Michael Herklots Birthday fundraiser.
- June 1, 2013: We published Cigar Week Wrap: Volume 2, Number 20 (6/1/13)
- June 1, 2013: We published Editor’s Corner Volume 2, Number 6: “In Defense of the Big Ring Gauge”
- June 1, 2013: We previewed the H. Upmann Legacy 6 x 60
- June 1, 2014: We reported on Jeff Borysiewicz resigning as CRA Chairman
- June 1, 2014: We reported on the San Cristobal Presto (Cigar Preview)
- June 1, 2014: We published Editor’s Corner Volume 3, Number 7: “FDA and IPCPR Season”
- June 1, 2015: We reported on A.J. Fernandez New World Connecticut Northeast launching at Cigar Emporium
- June 1, 2015: We did a pre-release review of the E.P. Carrillo Perez-Carrillo La Historia Regalias d’Celia
- June 1, 2015: We published Editor’s Corner Volume 4, Number 7: “The Chase is Over”
- June 1, 2016 We assessed the L’Atelier LAT SEC
- June 1, 2016: We reported on Davidoff Escurio Primeros and Mini Cigarillos Offerings Coming Soon
- June 1, 2016: We reported on Davidoff Escurio Corona Gorda and Gran Perfecto Line Extensions
- June 1, 2016: We reported on Jack Toraño departing Duran Cigars
- June 1, 2016: We reported on the Camacho Liberty 2016 Heading to U.S. and Europe
- June 1, 2016: We reported on Mombacho Cigars SA adding Australia and European Markets
- June 1, 2016: We published Editor’s Corner Volume 5, Number 7: “One Headline-Why Believe It?”
- June 1, 2017: We reported on Alpha Cigar Company launching Édition New Orleans Line
- June 1, 2016: We published Editor’s Corner Volume 6, Number 7: “The Journey Continues”
- June 1, 2018: We published Editor’s Corner Volume 7, Number 7: “May Days”
- June 1, 2018: We published an Agile Cigar Review on the Casa Fernandez Arsenio Serie Oro Robusto
- June 1, 2018: We published Prime Time Episode 54: Juan Cancel and Bill Ives, Cubariqueño Cigar Company