The Cigar Industry Report is a one-stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of the news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. In addition, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern Time.
Cigar Industry Report: Volume 7, Number 38 Edition 291 (8/18/18)
On August 15th, we celebrated eight years of Cigar Coop. We reflected on past, present, and future in a special Editor’s Corner.
We continued our IPCPR Spotlight Series:
- Spotlight on Aganorsa Leaf at the 2018 IPCPR
- Spotlight on AJ Fernandez Cigars at 2018 IPCPR
- Spotlight on C.L.E. Cigar Company and Patoro Cigars at 2018 IPCPR
- Spotlight on E.P. Carrillo at the 2018 IPCPR
- Spotlight on Esteban Carreras Cigars at 2018 IPCPR
- Spotlight on Fratello Cigars at the 2018 IPCPR
- Spotlight on General Cigar Company at the 2018 IPCPR
- Spotlight on JRE Tobacco Co at the 2018 IPCPR
- Spotlight on Quesada Cigars at the 2018 IPCPR
- Spotlight on Royal Agio Cigars at the 2018 IPCPR
- Spotlight on Santa Clara Cigars at the 2018 IPCPR
- Spotlight on Topper Cigar Company at the 2018 IPCPR
- Spotlight on Viaje Cigar Company at the 2018 IPCPR
- Spotlight on Villiger Cigars North America at 2018 IPCPR
We also filed the following reports. We will be filing more reports over the next several weeks.
- Caldwell Cigar Company: The company launched Long Live the King MAD MF and the Eastern Standard Habano. In addition Anastasia is returning for 2018
- Daniel Marshall: The company launched the Daniel Marshall 24kt Art Cigar
- Arturo Fuente: The Flor Fina Rosado Sun Grown 8-5-8 will return and be available in wider distribution.
- HVC Cigars: The company is releasing the HVC Edición Especial 2018
- La Flor Dominicana: The company is launching Lancero and “A” Vitolas for the Ligero Blend
- Nomad Cigar Company: The long awaited Nomad Signature was officially launched.
- PDR Cigars: The company launched line extensions to El Criollito and the A. Flores 1975 Gran Reserva Maduro.
- Pier 28 Premium Cigars: The company is launching the Pier 28 Habano Lancero
- Tatuaje: The company launched the Tatuaje 15th Anniversary Series. In addition the company is bringing back the Tatuaje Nuevitas Jibaro and Nuevitas Estelí . Finally the company showcased off Tatuaje – The Bride, the 2018 Monsters Series release.
- Espinosa: Feng Shui was announced as the company’s latest collaboration with Cigar Dojo
- House of Representatives: H.R. 564 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at 145.
- U.S. Senate: S.294 is the Senate companion bill to H.R. 564. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at 22.
- House Bill 1136: H.R. 1136 is the legislation to change the Grandfather Date for Deeming Tobacco products subject to FDA Regulation from February 15, 2017, to 21 days after enactment of the regulations. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at 94.
Agile Cigar Review
Prime Time Show
For Episode 63, Nate McIntyre of Miami Cigar and Company returned to Prime Time. In our Debonaire Ideal segment, we covered sports rivalries. Finally our Deliberation Segment, we hit on cigar scoring again.
Episode 64 (8/23/18): Justo Eiroa, JRE Tobacco Co.
Episode 65 (8/30/18): Terence Reilly, Aganorsa Leaf
Episode 66 (9/6/18): Hand-Rolled
Episode 67 (9/13/18) TBD
Episode 68 (9/20/18): To Be Announced – Guest Confirmed
Prime Time Special Edition
Special Edition 37 (8/21/18), Quest for the Championship with Jason Lois
Special Edition 38 (8/28/18), Scott Pearce, IPCPR
Special Edition 39 (9/11/18): Dr. Gaby Kafie, Kafie 1901 Cigars
On this date August 18th
- August 18th 2010: We assessed the Gurkha Viper
- August 18th 2011: We previewed the Ashton VSG Pegasus
- August 18th 2012: We assessed the Nestor Miranda Special Selection Connecticut
- August 18th 2012: We posted a Cigar Conversation with J.R. Dominguez of Iconic Leaf Cigars
- August 18th 2013: We posted a feature story on Kings Cigars
- August 18th 2013: We posted a feature story on Capadura Cigars.
- August 18th 2014: We assessed the EIROA CBT Maduro by CLE Cigars
- August 18th 2014: We reported on the San Andres by Valentia
- August 18th, 2014: We reported on the Hammer + Sickle LE14
- August 18th, 2015: We reported on the Alec Bradley Post Embargo
- August 18th, 2015: We assessed the Viaje Summerfest 2015
- August 18th, 2016: We reported on the Dunhill Aged Maduro
- August 18th, 2017: We reported Drew Estate releasing the Undercrown Maduro and Herrera Esteli Cuadrado as exclusives to Casa de Montecristo and JR Cigar
- August 18th 2017: We published a our feature story “Spotlight on United Cigar at the 2017 IPCPR Trade Show“
- August 18th 2017: We reported on a Court decision to defer a decision on a Motion by Health Organizations to Intervene as Defendants in FDA Lawsuit
- August 18th 2017: We reported on the launch of the Casa Fernandez Buena Cosecha Corojo at the 2017 IPCPR
- August 18th 2017: We published Prime Time Show Episode featuring Kevin Schweitzer of Rock-A-Feller Cigars