The Cigar Industry Report is a one-stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of the news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. In addition, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern Time.
Cigar Industry Report: Edition 460 (11/20/21)
E.P. Carrillo and RoMa Craft Tobac Team Up for Cigar
This week, some information came out about a joint project between E.P. Carrillo and RoMa Craft Tobac. The project is the first of RoMa Craft Tobac’s Quinquagenario project, a series of planned limited edition cigars to commemorate the 50th birthdays of co-owners Skip Martin (2022) and Michael Rosales (2026) as well as Nica Sueno factory co-owner Esteban Disla (2024). We’ve got the details here.
- ACE Prime: Announced three new Vitolas to Luciano The Dreamer and announced a new wine collaboration
- Crowned Heads: Announced the HGK-76 Tribute Cigar for Hawaii
- Forged Cigar Company: Announced the Partagas Decadas 2021.
- General Cigar Company: Announced the Cohiba Spectre 2021.
- Plasencia: The Plasencia Cosecha 149 has arrived at retailers.
- Tabacalera SLU: Five releases were announced this week:
- Cigar Association of America: Named David Ozgo President
- Scandinavian Tobacco Group (STG): Announced the acquisition of Moderno Opificio del Sigaro Italiano (MOSI)
- House of Representatives: HR 3982 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week Kevin Hern [R-OK] signed on as a co-sponsor. The total number of sponsors is now 53.
- U.S. Senate: S.438 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at nine.
- North Carolina: An Appropriations Bill was passed into law that includes a 30 cent premium cigar tax cap.
Agile Cigar Reviews
- None this week
The Smoking Syndicate
Features and Blog
- None this week
- The Blog: KMA Talk Radio Episode 438: Vincent Pastore
- The Blog: Spare Notes Series #9
- The Blog: Will Cooper Guests on Micallef Off The Record
Prime Time Podcasts
Prime Time Show
Prime Time Special Edition
- No Show This Week
Prime Time Jukebox
11/29: Prime Time Jukebox Episode 57: Two Year Anniversary Show
12/2: Prime Time Episode 211:
TBA: Prime Time Special Edition 111: TBD
On This Date…
On this date November 20th…
- Nov 20, 2010: We assessed the La Palina Babe
- Nov 20, 2010: We assessed the Room 101 LTD Conjura
- Nov 20, 2011: We previewed the Viaje White Label Project Stuffed Turkey
- Nov 20, 2012: We assessed the Surrogates Tramp Stamp by L’Atelier Imports
- Nov 20, 2012: We reported on the Gurkha 125th Anniversary
- Nov 20, 2013: We reported on the launch of Pura Soul Cigars
- Nov 20, 2013: We reported on EH Cigars’ limited edition boxes
- Nov 20, 2013: We assessed the Avo Movement TAA Limited Release
- Nov 20, 2014: We assessed The King is Dead – The Last Payday by Caldwell Cigar Company
- Nov 20, 2014: We reported on the La Flor Dominicana El Carajón
- Nov 20, 2015: We published the feature story Nate McIntyre Talks Percy Ray Cigars
- Nov 20, 2015: We assessed the La Bohème Encantador Fenice by Boutique Blends Cigars
- Nov 20, 2016: We assessed the Xiphos NR Maduro Toro
- Nov 20, 2017: We assessed the RoMa Craft Tobac Wunder|Lust Robusto
- Nov 20, 2017: We published Editor’s Corner Volume 6, Number 12a: Should Companies Openly Communicate Price Increases Directly to Consumers?
- Nov 20, 2017: We reported on the Oliva Serie V Maduro Especial 2017 Released
- Nov 20, 2017: We reported on LaToya Cantrell being elected Mayor of New Orleans
- Nov 20, 2017: We reported on Dan Carr to being named CEO and President of ITG Brands
- Nov 20, 2018: We assessed the Crowned Heads Le Carême Belicosos Finos LE 2018
- Nov 20, 2019: We did an Agile Cigar Review on the Atabey Ritos by Selected Tobacco
- Nov 20, 2019: We reported on the Cubariqueño Cigar Company Protocol Confidential Informan
- Nov 20, 2019: We reported on Sarah Santos being named successor to Craig Reynolds as Head of Cigars International
- Nov 20, 2020: We reported on Whiff O Reed Diffusers and Wax Melts
- Nov 20, 2020: We reported on the Daniel Marshall Limited Edition FSG Tobacco Stake Humidor